Senior Product Designer, Premium Products
4 days ago
We're looking for a Product Designer to embed within our Premium Products design team to build experiences that engage our users and achieve our mission of creating belonging.
As a product designer, you'll be involved with the full product development process from end-to-end, from brainstorming to launch. You'll use a balance of product, interaction, and visual design skills within the area of Discord that you will end up building. If you're interested in joining a passionate team of designers that are designing features that will be used by millions of people across the world, come help us do that.
What you'll be doing
- You will report to our growing Product Design team within the Engineering, Product, Analytics and Design (EPAD) organization.
- Embed within a Premium Products squad and partner with engineers, product managers and data scientists to oversee the user experience of a Premium product from concept to launch — and then continue to improve it after it releases to millions of users
- Mix your visual, UX, and interaction design skills to design valuable features for our users.
- Understand our goals and connect them with design decisions that can be articulated in individual or group settings.
- Foster a culture of design
What you should have
- Minimum of 4 years experience designing and shipping a web/app product for a variety of devices and platforms
- Product thinking and vision. You're more concerned with the "why" than the "how"
- Excitement to dig into experiment data to help inform design iterations and whether something should ship
- A high level of craft
- Experience with Figma or Sketch
- Experience or willingness to mentor other designers
- Experience building design systems
- Interface animation know-how
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16 paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO, use-what-you-need sick days and volunteer time off
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
In a world of polarization, social curation, and loneliness, Discord is working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider. We believe in the value of genuine human connection, which can so easily be lost online. So we’re building a space where everyone can find belonging from the inside out. If this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.