This job might no longer be available.
Senior Product Designer, Manager - Professional Artistry, Cloud Based Authoring Tools
1 month ago
Unity is looking for a senior designer to lead a team working on cloud based artist tools and future authoring paradigms in the Professional Artistry Organization. Working with product management, design, research and engineering, this person will play a key role in crafting future cloud authoring solutions for the next generation of creators, enabling them to build rich interactive 3D experiences with intuitive, powerful, and accessible tools and flawless end to end workflows!
The right candidate will combine leadership ability and hands on design flair, with a passion for empowering creativity through technology. In addition to working on modernizing access to artist tools, and workflows for our products, you will work to clarify and champion value for our users, engender alignment and consistency between products, and exemplify the highest standards of inclusive design on your way to realizing innovative solutions to empower millions of creators worldwide!
What you’ll be doing
- Build and direct a team of world-class designers and artists
- Employ design thinking to lead teams to reason sophisticated systems and technology
- Work with product leaders, design, research and engineering leads to hypothesize, develop and prototype authoring solutions
- Build detailed design artifacts in various forms to communicate ideas and concepts to team members and leaders
- Promote a culture of innovation, teamwork and inclusivity
What we’re looking for
- Product design portfolio showing project development from concept to completion, showcasing creative thought, user-centric approach, innovative use of technology and outstanding execution.
- Ability to lead design conversations within a team or group context, to reason through sophisticated problems and arrive at elegant solutions in a collaborative way.
- Deep knowledge of authoring workflows from Games or Film VFX.
- Experience crafting consumer or professional products for multiple platforms.
- Excellent collaborator with strong verbal, visual and written communication skills
You might also have
- Previous consumer or tooling product design
- Familiarity with Unity, or other game engines
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.