Senior Product Designer, Defence
7 days ago
Improbable Defence’s product group exists to build products which enable governments to use synthetic environments to plan and train. The Product group manages a portfolio of valuable product-based offerings through the lifecycle. Our team works as part of the broader Product team and enables our customers to harness the power of our technology, focusing our capabilities to bring them and their user's unquestionable value, delivered through intuitive and insightful interfaces.
In this role, you will be responsible for executing the design process, from discovery to delivery, as part of a growing team of Product Designers, Researchers and Technical Writers working across Agile Product teams.
Due to the nature of this role, you will be expected to meet requirements associated with obtaining UK security vetting clearance; including an unbroken residency in the UK for the previous 5 years. If you think that this might be an issue for you, please let us know.
Areas of Impact:
- You will lead user research and product development workshops with support from our Product Researchers.
- You will lead client engagement and develop trustful and collaborative relationships with colleagues, our customers (clients), and end-users.
- You will work closely with Product Managers, Owners, and engineering and model engineering teams to define and prioritise features.
- Collaborating with engineers to implement designs to the highest quality.
- You will contribute to and be a lead owner of our design and component system.
- Advocate the value and benefits of Design Thinking across the business and with our customers.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- You have experience acting as a subject matter expert in an agile team, and advocating good practice, in end-to-end product design processes from discovery to delivery.
- You have experience and demonstrable expertise in engaging and influencing customers and stakeholders to achieve optimal, user-centred outcomes.
- You are fluent in modern product design approaches and foundational interaction design principles and patterns.
- You have experience of shipping digital products, ideally in a B2B setting.
- You have strong prototyping skills at different fidelities.
- You can produce production-level visual and interaction design.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
This role is hybrid so partly in-office and partly remote. We are located in London, with some travel required to customer and user locations. Flexibility will also be required so that you can join in-office team activities when required.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.