Senior Product Designer, Defence
2 days ago
We believe that the grand scale adoption of single synthetic environments by governments and international institutions will give rise to a powerful capability for global good. New levels of whole force preparedness and the harnessing of previously unattainable foresight will ultimately prevent states from stumbling into war; contributing to a more secure and prosperous world and bringing about the end of unnecessary human conflict.
Improbable Defence develops a software platform that enables the creation of these single synthetic environments, with the aim of providing truly full spectrum synthetic training and planning platforms. This will ultimately make defence users more effective when deployed on modern, multi-domain operations and plummet the cost of military preparedness.
Single synthetic environments give decision makers a constantly improving picture on how to best prepare for and prevail in any conflict. Improbable’s platform architecture provides the defence industry access to new market opportunities through a synthetic content ecosystem, enabling defence developers to reuse and repurpose existing models and build new models of the real world in a fast, efficient and iterative way.
You will join a small team of product designers with deep appreciation for modern product development and design principles and processes. We are innovative and optimistic; we are also pragmatic and we execute at the highest standard.
Our products will be used by leading planners, logisticians and analysts to support critical decision-making across governments. We are responsible for understanding their processes, needs and pain points, and we identify opportunities to translate them into value-adding product features.
We are building a simulation-enhanced decision support tool for operational planning (OpDST). This will allow users to create and design plans for scenarios and run complex models at scale.
Areas for Impact
- Responsible for executing the design process end-to-end, from discovery to delivery
- Lead and participate in user research and product development workshops
- Lead client engagement and developing trustful and collaborative relationships with the clients and end users
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the defence industry and our users to make informed design decisions
- Translate insight into design concepts to test and validate design directions and decisions
- Work closely with product managers and engineering teams to define and prioritise features
- Collaborate with engineers to implement designs to the highest quality
- Contribute to our design system.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Experience in leading end-to-end product design process, from discovery to delivery
- Experience in leading B2B customer and stakeholder engagement
- Fluent in modern product design approaches and foundational interaction design principles and patterns
- Experience of shipping digital products, ideally in a B2B setting
- Strong prototyping skills at different fidelities
- Ability to produce production level visual and interaction design
- Strong communication skills, and a collaborative working style
- The ideal candidate would have an understanding of front-end technologies.
- Experience with data visualisation and/or geographic information system (GIS) would be a significant advantage.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.