This job might no longer be available.
Senior Product Designer, Consumer Products
2 months ago
Unity is looking for an experienced and creative product designer to help define, envision and bring to market new interactive 3D products, tools and technologies for consumers! Working directly with product management, design and engineering leaders within Unity, this person will play a key role in enabling the next generation of creators to build powerful, interactive, real-time 3D experiences.with new, innovative and accessible tools.
We are seeking someone who will combine an outstanding design ability with a natural curiosity for technology, and a passion for empowering creativity with it. In addition to helping establish our product vision, you will work to clarify and champion value for our users, engender alignment and consistency between products. This is crucial as it will exemplify the highest standards of inclusive design on your way to delivering innovative solutions to millions of Unity creators worldwide!
What you’ll be doing:
- Employ design thinking to reason sophisticated systems and technology into intuitive, efficient and exciting product experiences
- Work with product, design, UX research and engineering leads to develop and refine product strategy and establish clear design goals
- Build sketches, storyboards, wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity comps to communicate product vision to internal and external collaborators, conduct design reviews with leadership to ensure alignment with project goals
- Collaborate with design leads to ensure consistency and coherence across Unity products
- Promote a culture of innovation, teamwork and inclusivity
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive product design portfolio, examples showing project development from concept to completion, showcasing creative thought, user-centric approach, awareness of technology and design craftmanship
- Ability to lead design conversations within a team or group context, to reason through complex problems and arrive at elegant solutions in a collaborative way.
- Knowledge of 3D, and technical proficiency required.
- Experience crafting consumer or professional products for multiple platforms - primarily mobile and PC (emphasis on gaming)
- Excellent collaborator with strong verbal, visual and written communication skills
You might also have:
- Previous consumer or tooling product design in AR/VR or 3D
- Familiarity with Unity, or other game engines
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.