Senior Product Counsel, Consumer & E-Commerce
15 days ago
Unity is looking for a business-oriented, hardworking Sr. Product Counsel with experience advising on consumer-facing products, go-to-market, and e-commerce-related matters. This role will support the rapid growth and evolution of Unity’s Consumer and Sports & Live Entertainment divisions. Come work on the intersection of our ground-breaking Unity engine, consumer products and e-commerce. This opportunity will also be advising our collaborative business and product development teams on their work on groundbreaking products and services in the payments space, as well as in emerging technologies such as web 3.0 technologies, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology. Collaborate with global teams across Unity to advise on various legal issues and help build, implement and maintain processes and tools that support our commercial operations.
This is a rare opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with our team, where your work will have a direct impact on our business. If you are the can-do and collaborative teammate with a passion for solving problems and driving cross-functional projects over the finish line, this would be an outstanding fit for you!
What you'll be doing
- Serve as a subject matter expert on legal issues in the payments space and for emerging technologies such as NFTs, blockchain technology, and cryptocurrencies, including driving AML/KYC compliance solutions at scale.
- Advise cross-functional teams on a full range of issues related to e-commerce, product development, go-to-market, intellectual property, and customer support.
- Tap into your expertise by crafting, maintaining, and conducting effective legal training and important written documentation and guidelines for the business.
- Work across a variety of projects and teams.
What we're looking for
- Strong academic credentials and an active membership in a state bar.
- Experience in a law firm, government agencies, and/or in-house legal department working on tech transactions, preferably with cloud-based technology companies (either in-house or as outside counsel).
- You love (or would love to learn more about) privacy and supporting privacy from a product and deal perspective.
- You have a curiosity about thinking through the details while seeing the big picture; in other words, you see your job as working with the business to balance risk vs reward appropriately in support of business initiatives and objectives.
- A strong interest in advising fast-moving product development teams working on emerging technologies such as NFTs, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology.
You might also have
- The confidence and ability to collaborate with senior executives, clients, and co-workers in a professional and positive manner.
- You see leading cross-functional projects and partnering with cross-functional teams as a huge benefit of working in-house.
- A self-starter with a roll-up-your-sleeves demeanor, strong attention to detail, solution-orientation, and “keep it human” approach to communicating.
- CIPP/US or CIPP/EU a plus.
- E-Commerce/Consumer Product Cloud, Fintech, or SaaS background a big plus!
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D
(RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.