Senior Producer - new IP
6 days ago
JOIN OUR TEAM
Mediatonic is a team of over 300 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people. We devote our careers to crafting awesome original games in the hopes of bringing a little more joy into the world.
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives. We strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome, supported and diversity is celebrated. We passionately believe that games are for everyone, whether we’re playing or creating them.
What We Do
Mediatonic is the game developer behind Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout and a new member of the Epic Games family. We’re aiming to build "the Greatest Gameshow on Earth" as part of our mission to connect people through massively multiplayer game experiences.
We take pride in crafting original titles that bring people together. Our quest is to create joyful experiences that are open to all by investing in the ideas, technologies and people that can bring our vision to life.
We’re assembling a world-class team to build the next breakthrough IP to come out of Mediatonic and Epic Games and are seeking an experienced Senior Producer to join us.
What You'll Do
Producers are central to our development team’s ongoing success. As a Senior Producer you will play an integral part in our quest to make weird and wonderful, mass-multiplayer game experiences.
Reporting to the Executive Producer, you will carefully balance your efforts between game delivery, setting the development team up for success, and being an advocate for the process.
In This Role You Will
- You will drive production on cross-functional teams and lead multiple initiatives in parallel
- As an advocate for Agile tools and practises, you will play a key role in continuous improvement of production processes, the game and team health
- You will manage a backlog together with your teams; setting goals, planning sprints and encouraging commitment. You will ensure these goals align with the overall project direction
- Using the backlog, project data and modelling, you ensure predictable delivery of your team’s goals
- You will work to predict and remove roadblocks before they become an issue
- Report regularly and clearly to stakeholders, highlighting deviations and adjustments to plans
- As a collaborative and inclusive leader you drive production forward at a sustainable pace
What We're Looking For
We are looking for a Senior Producer with experience working as part of a large, multi-platform, live product team with regular content and feature deliveries. As we embark on development of a new game, experience of each stage of development including pre-production is a massive plus for applicants.
- Excellent knowledge of production methodologies and frameworks, coupled with the ability to instil team-based ownership.
- Proven ability to perform in a fast-paced environment across multiple initiatives or projects, with a positive influence on team efficiency
- Experience working cross-functionally across many groups on the game team and wider company
- A track record of delivering projects on time and within budget
- Experience implementing and nurturing Agile development practises and using common project management tools like JIRA, Hansoft and MS Project
- Superb attention to detail and outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- An excellent delegator, encouraging engagement, ownership & accountability within mixed-discipline pods, and with more junior production team members
- Able to receive feedback openly & adjust leadership style & way of working
- 5+ years production experience in video-games or comparable, mixed-disciplinary software projects, especially on a large console video game title.
- A good understanding of how to build a large 3d game, preferably with networking experience
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience working closely with Unreal developers
- Passionate about video games!
- Passionate about and experienced in the incubation of new products