11 days ago
Who are we?
We’re Sandbox VR, and we’re the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Inside our rooms, we take you on thrilling adventures and transform you into new characters. Our experience is like the movies, except you’re actually with your friends inside the movie. We are creating the future of entertainment by building towards the virtualization of physical spaces and eventually becoming the portal to the Metaverse. Want you be a part of our journey and help us make that a reality!
Since we launched in Hong Kong in 2017, we’re now live in 13 locations and 5 countries around the world (we’re the #1 Activity in Hong Kong and Singapore on TripAdvisor, #1 VR place in China Shanghai on Dianping), and we’re quickly expanding. As a growing company we are looking for leaders who want to transform the entertainment industry and contribute to the cutting-edge experiences we are creating. We take pride in the relationships we are building within the community through innovation and providing a best-in-class experience for our guests. The opportunities within Sandbox VR are endless and we want you to be a part of this new world we are creating!
What you’ll be doing: You will be using your strong background in production and management to raise the quality bar of our VR Experiences and diversify our content lineup going forwards. You will take ownership of the delivery of our VR experiences and will be responsible for managing the production team, as well as working with the Creative Director to establish processes and workflows. In addition to these duties you will assist the development teams with task creation, planning, scheduling, outsourcing, localization and task management. As we continue to scale the organization you will be responsible for several projects and teams, and you will work with the Creative Director on the recruiting, prioritization, resourcing and structure for these teams.
Production – You will be an excellent communicator and undeniable team player. You will use your strong understanding and experience in game development to foresee problems with scheduling, dependencies or processes before they arise. You will be proactive in your approach to fixing issues and anticipating roadblocks so the team can continue working smoothly despite the challenges that may arise. You will help to ensure team members are sharing important information with each other. You will work with the team to create backup plans so that unexpected problems with features or deliverables don’t cause a critical risk to projects meeting their release dates.
Scheduling and Task Management – At Sandbox VR, you will help the development teams stay on top of tasks and ensure that team members are not overscheduled for each sprint. You’ll be responsible for ensuring tasks are scheduled so that dependencies are accounted for before each sprint begins. You will help to coordinate with outsource studios and other departments within Sandbox VR to ensure each project gets the resources and support they need to be successful.
Organization Building and Collaboration – You will utilize your experience in building and scaling teams to help grow the Sandbox VR Experience team so that it can support several projects being developed simultaneously. You will work closely with 3rd party developers to ensure Sandbox VR Experiences developed externally are always delivered to the highest quality and within estimated timeframes and budgets.
Who we are looking for:
- Experienced, Inspiring, and Passionate Leader – You have been working video games for many years, you have a deep understanding of strong development processes and can share several examples of projects you have taken strong ownership of and executed to a very high level of quality. You know how to motivate and get your teams to ‘buy-in’ on your production vision and planned execution.
- Production Expertise – You have been managing large teams for several years and understand the challenges of coordinating and establishing best practices for a large team. You have led at least one AAA project or very highly quality indie project in a Sr. Production role from concept phase all the way through to launch. You can show a proven track record of delivering games to quality and budget. You have managed groups of other producers before and are an effective manager and mentor. You guide your teams by using your know-how and experience to break down large problems into discreet solutions and can demonstrate how these solutions can positively impact each project or process to them.
- Empowerment – You have the ability to develop, empower, and foster the creativity of your team members and give them ownership and trust for their deliverables. You are not a dictator, but instead a champion for the best ideas - no matter where they come from.
- Market Analysis – You have the capacity to read market trends and adapt your products accordingly when required. You understand methods in which to gather feedback to ensure your product is positioned correctly within the market and aren’t afraid to pivot when needed.
- Distributed Teams and Outsourcing – You understand and can anticipate and adapt to the challenges of working with a large cross-functional remote team which may be in several different countries and timezones. You know how to ensure your team members are all sharing the same mission and vision no matter where they are in the world. You have a proven track record of successful outsourcing and 3rd party collaborations.
- Avid Traditional Gamer and VR Gamer - You can demonstrate your vast knowledge of video games and VR Games - you are an avid player of AAA games and you get excited by new releases and you spend a lot of your leisure time gaming on console, PC and/or VR. Your experience with playing VR games and making high quality games has helped you to understand ‘what good looks like’ in VR and you’re extremely passionate about pushing this medium to the next level.
- Production Software experience - You’re highly experienced with project management software (JIRA, etc.) and methods. You understand how to use these tools to create visibility for your teams and to help other producers scope each project and schedule their resources.
- Project Management – You’re experienced with AGILE workflows and SCRUM. Your vast development experience has meant you understand how to prioritize features and act proactively to ensure the right priorities have the correct amount of resources.
How you can really impress us:
- You have worked on VR/AR projects in the past, whether they be professional or even hobby projects.
- VR is an exciting new medium for you, you are passionate about the possibilities of the technology and you’re eager to use your skills to push this industry forward.
- You have experience with planning and organizing user-testing along with localization.
If you’re interested in this role, we’d like to see at least a CV or your LinkedIn, and a short cover letter/email/blurb on why you are the right fit for us.
WE ARE SANDBOX VR, AND WE INVITE YOU TO COME PLAY IN OUR SANDBOX (AND THINK OUTSIDE IT).
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.