16 days ago
Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play!
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, low ego, and hardworking professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are passionate about makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
About this Role
As a Senior Producer at Playco, you enable our games teams to build successful games. You’ll work with other leaders to execute games at every stage of production and be a critical component to building titles that players love. You’ll ensure that every part of our game development process works and that we’re delivering new games and features to quality, on time, and on budget. To do this, you’ll need to drive planning for games and features, support execution through great project management, and ensure your projects have the resources needed to succeed. To succeed in this position you will need to be creative, collaborative, and communicative. You know that a successful game has a successful team behind it, and will do everything it takes to empower that team to succeed.
- Own your game features, ensuring they are high quality, on time, and succeed against business goals.
- Oversee the creative and technical direction of games and features.
- Work with management and other internal departments to organize resources for the projects and maximize the productivity of the team.
- Have a good understanding of the assigned projects and a good command of the production processes, platforms, and technologies in order to give the right instructions to the team and review deliverables.
- Be the key contact of the project; communicating fluently, clearly, and concisely. Provide clear and complete status of the project to upper management and stakeholders.
- Foresee issues/risks of the different projects in development and take immediate preventive actions to avoid them.
- Maintain a high-quality game product across all stages of production. Learn from both successes and mistakes.
- Evaluate and judge gameplay, using analytics and playtesting. Identify what plays and looks good and how to drive improvements towards greatness by leveraging both quantitative and qualitative assessments.
- Create a culture that promotes brainstorming, collaboration, continuous feedback, support, and empowerment. Set clear goals for the team and hold employees accountable for deliverables; recognize and reward employees for strong performance.
- Be knowledgeable about games and trends in the industry, with a focus on mobile free-to-play, casual, and social gaming.
- 5+ years of experience in the gaming industry (in a role working on the game development process).
- 3+ years of experience as a Producer. Must have shipped at least one game and/or been involved with one project through a complete development cycle.
- Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication, and management skills.
- Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles.
- Outstanding Project Management skills and concepts.
- Capacity for analyzing the broader gaming market and adapting games and products to the market.
- Must be self-directed, detail-oriented, problem solver, with a strong desire to contribute to an extremely creative company.
- A passion for creating and playing video games.
Playco is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that our differences are our strength and we know that diversity builds a better team.