Chicago IL US
8 days ago
Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, producers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat , Halo, Call of Duty , Dragonvale, Star Wars, and many others. Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019
, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Producer from the game industry to join our growing team.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Owning key aspects of game development, including; scope of work, project timelines, costs, and resource planning
- Managing dedicated teams of engineers, designers, artists, medical researchers, and others throughout project lifecycles
- Collaborating and managing expectations with Business Development, Client Success, and Commerical Marketing teams
- Working closely and managing projects for a strategic partner in the Life Sciences space
- Utilizing project management tools like Atlassian’s JIRA, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite software for translating tasks into backlogs, sprints, burndowns, and day-to-day project tracking
- Collaborating, creating, and updating PowerPoint/Google Slides presentations outline project goals
- Creating and updating documentation required by clients
- Working closely with QA to review the status of builds, bug priorities, and timelines
Who We Want To Meet
- At least 6+ years of software production experience, ideally all or mostly at game studios or publishers
- Experience shipping multiple games on different platforms, especially mobile
- Proven experience managing expectations and adhering to project scope/timelines between teams and external stakeholders to meet timelines
- Deep experience with project planning software like JIRA
- Working experience using Agile software development practices
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy being a key contributor in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Willingness for travel occasionally to client locations in a future post-COVID-19 period
Bonus Points For
- Additional experience with JIRA customization for tasks like data importing/exporting
- Experience using Confluence for documenting and communicating goals
- Experience working in Kanban using iterative software development methodologies
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Downtown Loop location convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter on why you’re an excellent fit for this important production role using the provided link. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or Recruiters, please.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.