18 days ago
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers, with well over 600 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS! and Eternal Hope.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As a Producer you have a passion for PC and console games, experience and understanding of taking games from conception through to launch, knowledge of the industry and great project management skills to help external development teams produce the best games.
You can either work on a ‘hybrid’ system of working from home and office, or full time in our Leamington Spa office surrounded by a great bunch of people!
What you tell your friends you do
“I am the person behind the curtain, helping everything to run smoothly in our games production.”
What you will really be doing
- Working with the Head of PC and Console Publishing and the external developers to organise, plan and manage the development of Kwalee-published game releases;
- Liaising regularly with our external development partners to ensure the games track to schedule and are released on time and to budget;
- Coordinating with the Marketing teams (Product Marketing, Community, Social Media and Influencer & Media) to ensure required promotional assets are produced, content is appropriate and all deadlines are met;
- Making realistic and accurate contributions to the game analysis and assessment (‘Due Diligence’) process;
- Providing regular feedback on the games we publish and helping developers create the best games they can.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 150 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important design and technical decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced and passionate team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- 3+ years experience in a production management role within a games studio with at least 2 shipped games;
- Strong project management skills;
- A charismatic, energetic character who can direct and inspire;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills;
- Strong understanding of PC & console games including game design and KPIs;
- Experience of agile project management methodologies;
- A “self-starter” mentality;
- A strong interest in PC and console games, playing them regularly.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.