This job might no longer be available.
San Francisco, CA
1 month ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Onsite Gym & Wellness Activities (Yoga & Zumba)
ABOUT THE ROLE
At the moment, we are on the search for a talented Senior Producer who will join one of our top puzzle franchises! You will work directly with our Harry Potter team, and will lead the efforts to refine live operations and develop an optimized & scalable solution that could be used across the studio, and/or company.
- Work with team leadership to establish a high functioning live operations framework including platform updates and hotfixes.
- Partner with development and shared services groups to establish a roadmap for live content delivery.
- Help QA to define and refine best in class testing protocols for the feature and build release schedule and bug triage process.
- Drive the completion of operational goals and facilitate communication, organization, process, and accountability.
- Provide regular project status reporting on deliveries, identifying any potential risks with proposed solutions, and communicate this clearly on a routine basis to team and project stakeholders.
- Identify and communicate roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals. Work to resolve these quickly before they impact the team.
- Build and maintain schedules to ensure successful and timely delivery of games, features and launches.
- Work with team leaders and discipline leads to evaluate directional changes, analyze the costs/benefits and impact on title update schedules and outline an appropriate for path live operations.
- Champion security best practices, processes and features in the vein of maintaining a world class player experience.
- Take the lead during escalated outages and incidents.
- Leverage available play testing and validation methods to confirm the vision, experimental goals and usability of the game, and adjust direction or recommend changes as appropriate.
- Help make informed decisions in conjunction with team leads on work methods, development pipeline, priorities and available resources.
- Partner with Product Managers and Data Analysts to be informed and monitor test results, content release, feature rollout and in-game events.
- Work with the engineering team to create and prioritize tools roadmap to help streamline and optimize the Live Ops pipeline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Production or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a live operations production role on mobile games.
- 7+ years in mobile or video game production or project management.
- Experience orchestrating work across multiple disciplines and partner groups.
- Demonstrated ability coalescing a wide variety of diverse business needs and player expectations into an actionable roadmap that continually improves key Live KPIs and player experience.
- Calm and deliberate within a high stress demanding environment. Able to identify/assess risks and strategies to mitigate and escalate as necessary.
- Extensive technical knowledge of deployment tools and databases.
- Experience in applying agile practices to game development.
- Passion for games, especially mobile games.
- Ability to balance project demands with creative essentials. You demand quality; creativity and fun while still managing project resources and timelines.
- Understanding of social game mechanics including acquisition, engagement and monetization strategies to deliver high quality products.
- Experience with producing and releasing mobile games.
NICE TO HAVE
- Good understanding of the mobile/social market.
- Experience writing SQL queries and distilling complex analysis into actionable insights.
- Familiarity with cloud services and online game infrastructures.
- Knowledge of anti-tamper, anti-cheating, and anti-piracy technologies.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.