7 days ago
To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
You will be a senior level team member, and support franchise level day-to-day game development for RuneScape by Jagex. The Senior Producer will work closely with the games discipline leads and other key project stakeholders to successfully execute several initiatives in the franchise. You will be responsible for the delivery of compelling features, aligned to a product roadmap and guiding any external
You will be player, product, and quality focused, leading by example, developing trust and respect amongst the team. You will support and improve planning, development, and release processes on a continuous basis to meet product vision and quality goals.
You will be detail focused and an expert at balancing team resources, development requirements and product goals to deliver excellent game features and content. As part of the development of RuneScape it will be vitally important that the right priorities are set to create clarity and focus for the team, supporting their key objectives.
Liaising closely with internal stakeholders, cross-functional teams within the studio, and external partners, you’ll ensure key initiatives and dependencies are tracked and delivered.
Partnering closely with the Lead Producer and Executive Producer, you will be a motivator, able to leverage your depth of production knowledge to the benefit of the team and guide the talented development teams.
- Support career development for producers and project managers as required by the Lead Producer.
- Work closely with the Lead/Executive Producer, Product Directors, and Product Marketing to understand, champion, and translate the product vision to the dev team and all cross-functional stakeholders.
- Contribute to the living franchise business review efforts and that they are up to date with content from subject matter experts and key stakeholders - including progress for all initiatives, roadmaps, cross-functional production plans, KPIs, and burndowns.
- At a Dev Team level, support long term capacity and resource planning.
- Contribute and support scaling of development via outsourcing, develop plans and requirements, and review statements of work.
- Anticipate and address potential problems like resource blockers, quality concerns, and scope changes. Communicate effectively to ensure these problems are resolved quickly.
- Mitigate all technology risks, medium level org risks, and medium level financial risks that can help the team deliver the best possible game.
- Monitor and measure effectiveness of dev initiatives within the team, ensure we can measure the ROI, and optimize dev pipelines.
- Assist the production group to organize and improve project management processes, identify problems, and clear blockers to enable the predictable delivery of releases to a high quality.
- Develop rich relationships and partnerships with the Dev Team, cross-functional, and company-wide departments.
- From Agile (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean) to Waterfall, you’ll assess and choose the best and most pragmatic process for the situation to plan and manage development and future roadmaps.
- Conduct regular, effective retrospectives and post-mortem reviews.
- Support, inspire and motivate teams working on the game.
- Monitor, Measure, Mitigates medium level budgets/financial risks and all plans developed by the team.
- Champions standards developed by the Lead Producer/Executive Producer for the team and supports overall team health. Drive team cultural changes.
- Hyper-aware of the game industry’s online products, services, and innovations.
- Actively participates and contributes to change across the studio!
- Multiple years of expertise using AGILE, SCRUM, LEAN and Waterfall on mid to large-scale game development.
- Seasoned team leadership experience, inspiring and developing high performing teams.
- Strong analytical mind, with excellent people and communication capabilities.
- Cross platform game development: Mobile, Desktop, and Console.
- Extensive and proven experience in new game development, ideally for live service games on PC.
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating innovative and compelling new games.
- Experience with JIRA or similar project tracking software is essential.
- Experience with live operations and post-release content development.
- Big pluses include, Scrum, PO, PMP certifications.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.