5 days ago
Housemarque is looking for a Senior Producer for our next big game!
Housemarque is looking for a Senior Producer who can hit the ground running. Communication is your main tool and you make things easier for our award-winning cross-functional teams by facilitating day-to-day production, communicating vertically with stakeholders, horizontally through the teams and always inspiring collaboration. You get to work together with our talented, cooperative, and hardworking Production team, supporting each other very closely.
You will arrive in the middle of organizational change between two big games. After the critically acclaimed Returnal, Housemarque is adopting large-scale Scrum (LeSS); a big part of the job is to be a scrum master; coaching teams & individuals in new ways of working, and supporting them and the wider organization through the change. A change at this scale is quite rare in our industry - yet another unique challenge we have waiting for you.
You might arrive with focused experience and a strong skills set from certain areas of game production - working with us you will deepen your existing knowledge and skills, as well as adding expertise in new areas. You’ll teach us new things, and in return, we’ll do the same for you.
We like people who take initiative, stay on target, and like their fellow humans. You are comfortable having several roles and can handle the fact that your slate is never clean. You come in and instigate, facilitate, alleviate, advice and empower.
Senior Producer’s responsibilities include:
- Coach teams to adopt Scrum/LeSS events and artifacts.
- Create, track, and coach development teams to manage tasks to ensure that schedules are maintained and adjusted accordingly for all upcoming releases and deadlines, and dependencies between teams are mapped.
- Find new ways to help improve communication and effectiveness.
- Identify, communicate, and resolve any risks that may prevent the team from completing deadlines together with production leadership and team leads.
- Scheduling and maintaining day to day tasking of departmental and interdisciplinary teams. Partner with other producers to balance resourcing.
- Creative problem solving of anything that comes up. Really. Anything.
We expect you to have:
- 5+ years of experience in big game productions.
- Experience managing a team through a minimum of one full cycle of video game development.
- Experience using Agile game-development methodologies.
- Must have excellent communication, task-tracking and organization skills.
- Self-starter and extreme owner.
- Other previous game development, QA, design, engineering, or artwork experience.
- Proficiency with project-management softwares helps. We use Jira/Confluence/GSuite tools.
- Experience working with multiple cross-discipline teams.
- LeSS Practitioner Certification, Scrum PO/master certification.
Housemarque has a track record of 25+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence. Our latest game Returnal was released for PS5 in 2021.
At Housemarque, Game is King. We develop great games that bring happiness and joy to gamers and our fans. We aspire to be a great workplace where people develop professionally and as a person.
- Exciting and ambitious projects executed with the best tools
- 25+ years of experience in video game development
- Brilliant, diverse and empathetic colleagues to work with
- Freedom, flexibility and openness in a collaborative culture
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere at our cozy Helsinki office
- Competitive salary, benefits, healthcare, Nordic work-life balance
- Tailored relocation package to help you get settled into Finland
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Helsinki, Finland. Deadline for applications is December 15th.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.