12 days agoAs a Senior Producer at Blind Squirrel Games, you will perform as a senior level production expert responsible for the successful operation and delivery of one of our many exciting projects!
This role will include the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring the development processes for your project operate effectively and efficiently.
- Acting as a vital conduit of information across the team, studio, and external clients, making sure they are kept informed of project status and any issues or needs.
- Working with the leads and stakeholders to ensure projects adequately resourced and completed on time, within budget and to a high level of quality.
- Working with project leads to create goals and schedules and track progress towards major milestones.
- Supporting and helping to improve our culture of transparency, constant improvement, and empowering support.
- Being aware of any issues that affect the performance of your team and diligently removing any impediments to team success.
- Managing and mentoring more junior members of the production team so they reach their full potential and achieve their long-term career goals.
- Driving a mentality of constant evaluation, iteration and improvement of all processes and procedures.
- Being a champion for the product and team both internally and externally.
To succeed at this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Experience as a Producer or Senior Producer developing a AAA game through the full development cycle to launch and beyond.
- Passion and commitment to making top quality videogames.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong leadership, motivational and team building qualities.
- Experience supervising and dedication to mentoring direct reports.
- Impeccable organizational skills with the ability to constantly juggle different needs in the right order of priority.
- A disposition to be pro-active, inquisitive, independent and solve problems in an urgent manner.
- Excellent, intuitive risk management skills with a strong desire to identify and solve potential issues before they occur.
- The ability to see the bigger picture and be detailed orientated as required.
- Detailed understanding of the functions and relationships between different departments in a game development studio.
- Detailed understanding of different game development methodologies and processes.
- Experience using agile game development methodologies.
- Extensive hands-on experience with industry standard project management software such as JIRA, Excel, MS Project, etc.
The following experiences or knowledge will be to your advantage:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a production role at a videogame developer.
- Expert JIRA knowledge.
- Knowledge of different production methodologies and the best time to use them.
- Experience using a risk document to manage development.
- Experience working with and creating budgets.
- Experience working with external clients and handling changing requirements.
- Experience managing team health.
- Mentoring more junior production staff.
- Experience presenting at conferences such as GDC.
- Experience in recruiting a team.
- Experience taking a project from concept to completion.
- Experience managing a rapid-prototyping team.
- Experience working to immovable deadlines.