This job might no longer be available.
1 year ago
Blind Squirrel Games (BSG) is a proud, independent studio that joins forces with developers and publishers seeking an innovative partner in creating quality games. At BSG, people are our purpose, so we prioritize an inquisitive, proactive, and collaborative work environment for all our squirrels. We operate as a hybrid-remote studio, allowing our developers the flexibility to crush milestone goals at the studio or within the comfort of their own home. We currently have studio locations in Irvine, California; Austin, Texas; and Auckland, New Zealand.
At BSG, we are happy to provide ample opportunities for career development, host social activities, and various other perks for our employees, such as:
🌰 Competitive Compensation
🌰 Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
🌰 Company-paid life insurance
🌰 401k plan with company contribution
🌰 Flexible work schedule
🌰 Paid Time Off
🌰 Extended Winter Break (Paid)
🌰 Remote Work
🌰 Company-sponsored Activities (Game nights, movie outings, potlucks, contests, etc.)
Skills and experience are highly valued at BSG, but we recognize that talent is a product of hard-work, resilience, and a growth-mindset. Therefore, we champion individuals who have demonstrated they have the grit necessary to overcome challenges and subscribe to the notion that inclusion breeds synergy and innovation. To us, diversity isn't a metric—it's a must!Role and Responsibilities
This is a full-time hybrid position available to residents of the Southern California or Austin area only to work based out of our Irvine or Austin studio at least two days a week with the option to work remotely for the remainder of the week.
The annual salary being considered for this position is $118,431 - 177,646. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance, and location.
As a Senior Producer at Blind Squirrel Games, you will perform as a senior level production expert responsible for the successful operation and delivery of one of our many exciting projects!
This role will include the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring the development processes for your project operate effectively and efficiently.
- Acting as a vital conduit of information across the team, studio, and external clients, making sure they are kept informed of project status and any issues or needs.
- Working with the leads and stakeholders to ensure projects adequately resourced and completed on time, within budget and to a high level of quality.
- Working with project leads to create goals and schedules and track progress towards major milestones.
- Supporting and helping to improve our culture of transparency, constant improvement, and empowering support.
- Being aware of any issues that affect the performance of your team and diligently removing any impediments to team success.
- Managing and mentoring more junior members of the production team so they reach their full potential and achieve their long-term career goals.
- Driving a mentality of constant evaluation, iteration and improvement of all processes and procedures.
- Being a champion for the product and team both internally and externally.
To succeed at this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Experience as a Producer or Senior Producer developing a AAA game through the full development cycle to launch and beyond.
- Passion and commitment to making top quality videogames.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong leadership, motivational and team building qualities.
- Experience supervising and dedication to mentoring direct reports.
- Impeccable organizational skills with the ability to constantly juggle different needs in the right order of priority.
- A disposition to be pro-active, inquisitive, independent and solve problems in an urgent manner.
- Excellent, intuitive risk management skills with a strong desire to identify and solve potential issues before they occur.
- The ability to see the bigger picture and be detailed orientated as required.
- Detailed understanding of the functions and relationships between different departments in a game development studio.
- Detailed understanding of different game development methodologies and processes.
- Experience using agile game development methodologies.
- Extensive hands-on experience with industry standard project management software such as JIRA, Excel, MS Project, etc.
The following experiences or knowledge will be to your advantage:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a production role at a videogame developer.
- Expert JIRA knowledge.
- Knowledge of different production methodologies and the best time to use them.
- Experience using a risk document to manage development.
- Experience working with and creating budgets.
- Experience working with external clients and handling changing requirements.
- Experience managing team health.
- Mentoring more junior production staff.
- Experience presenting at conferences such as GDC.
- Experience in recruiting a team.
- Experience taking a project from concept to completion.
- Experience managing a rapid-prototyping team.
- Experience working to immovable deadlines.