Senior Producer - SUMO NOTTINGHAM
Nottingham, United Kingdom
7 months ago
We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sumo Nottingham became part of the Sumo Digital family in March of 2016 and is a community of diverse, game-loving people ranging from industry veterans to talented graduates.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo , winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio ; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and talented Senior Producer to take up this key position on an undisclosed project. Reporting to the Development Director, the Senior Producer will have responsibility for the delivery of the project to time and on budget, and within quality expectations of Sumo and the client.
To be successful you will:
- Ideally have 5 years of working in a production role with experience working on shipped console titles
- Be a key leader/contributor to the development team
- Manage the schedules of multiple departments within the game team, to ensure that milestones are agreed, detailed and delivered as expected
- Create milestone content and realistic production schedules in coordination with team leads and management.
- Manage the project budget - identifying resource requirements and expectations, tracking actual project spend versus planned spend and continuously updating projections
- Managing change – ensuring project scope is adhered to, controlling feature creep, ensuring project is delivered in accordance with expectations, and project budget changes if necessary.
- Identify and resolve conflicts between schedule, budget and design goals.
- Continuously assess risk and keep scope of the project in line with budget and schedule.
- Managing day to day communication of matters regarding schedule, budget, change and risk with the client and Development Director and making recommendations accordingly
- Manage communication of project progress to the Development Director and internal senior management team
- Maintain close communication with team leads and provide team members with material and technical support as needed
- Ensure that each member of the team is working from a tracked schedule and has a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability for the quality and timeliness of their contribution
- Ensure excellent communication, positive working relationships and teamwork within the development team and across disciplines
- Coach and mentor junior production staff
- Keep abreast of current trends in the marketplace especially with regard to similar and/or competitive product
- Follow Sumo Digital’s project development standards and guidelines
What we Offer:
Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific game developers, enjoying over fifteen years of stability and growth. We have UK studios in Sheffield, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leamington Spa, The Chinese Room in Brighton and Red Kite Games in Leeds, along with Sumo Video Games in Pune, India.
We offer a superb benefits package including generous holidays and flexi-time. We care about our people, with an emphasis on the work/life balance and out of office events such as our legendary annual Sumo ‘Big Day Out’, plus epic Christmas parties and much more! Our regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - winning concepts can go on to commercial release, so far including Snake Pass and the upcoming Spyder for Apple Arcade.
We are proud to be in Nottingham, which benefits from a wealth of attractions, including world-famous history, a huge choice of bars and restaurants, art galleries and a wide variety of cultural events. Our new state-of-the-art studio is in the Castle Marina area of the City – ten minutes’ walk from the City Centre and served by excellent bus, train, tram and cycle links as well as good access to the North and South via the M1 motorway.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built on every team member having the opportunity to shine and have real, meaningful input into the games that we create. We pride ourselves on our positive atmosphere and sociable team who regularly partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime and after-work clubs, and charity fundraising events.