Senior Producer (Publishing)
19 days ago
People Can Fly are actively seeking a talented and experienced Product Manager/Publishing Producer to join our growing Publishing team to oversee and manage a wide variety of games from initiation throughout release and post launch. In this role, you will work directly with our development and publishing teams to help and create the most engaging and rewarding product and live service experience for our players. You will be dedicated to figuring out what players want, how they behave in the game, and most importantly, why. From there, you will transform the insights from data to create and execute actionable product roadmaps and global go-to-market plans together with the
game teams and the leads of other publishing teams as of marketing, online services, liveops, community etc.
As a core part of our franchise and game leadership teams, successful Product leaders at People Can Fly need a unique mix of quantitative and qualitative capabilities. Your knowledge of the business behind video games in general, and how to serve the communities that congregate around games, is of vital importance, as is the ability to think and act strategically. You have a high level of command of utilizing data to champion customer-centric insights, using them to define the roadmap and evaluate results. As part of this cross-functional team, you’ll work closely with the project team, publishing team, and our external partners to drive acquisition, retention, and monetization strategies that enable success of the product and brand. The same levels of creativity, innovation and ingenuity that our creative teams bring to areas like design and art, we expect from our product leaders in strategy, data, live ops, and monetization.
- Develop the long-term strategy for the business of our game, communicate the vision, and give updates on progress to leadership.
- Translate strategic directives into goals that can be monitored and drive strategy around achieving results through the associated KPIs
- Represent the customer/player in all game development and live operations decisions, be the voice of the player to the game team using an intimate understanding of player motivations
- Evaluate product milestones and provide regular feedback to the development team.
- Plan and monitor the product's schedule on the Publisher side, considering the other publishing teams' processes and mediate among their needs
- Work across the publishing organization to drive accountability for shaping and maintaining product goals and dates
- Perform stakeholder management, by ensuring that all key stakeholders on the development team and publisher side are kept informed and aligned on the product direction, priorities as well as project updates.
- Partner with key leads across Product, Creative, Analytics, Tech, Brand, and more, to develop well-reasoned and data-informed strategy that drives acquisition, engagement, monetization, and community for the new franchise
- Work closely with analytics teams to provide the right data, information, and insights to support short- and long-term decision making. Be a fierce advocate for the quantitative, data informed culture
- Establish goals and KPIs to measure player base health and business performance. Monitor and escalate potential issues and share performance data with development, publishing, and commercial leadership. Lead forecasting efforts, scenario planning and business reviews.
- Drive experimentation and A/B testing strategies
- Define the soft launch and performance measurement strategy for rolling out this product to the market, including test markets, etc.
- Build out the revenue side of the financial model, working with leadership, demand planning, and finance
- Identify all relevant project risks in collaboration with the development team, collaborating on plans for their mitigation and contingencies
- Collaborate with internal publisher product development specialists for UR, Design and Art - when needed - to ensure product quality goals and requirements are met
- Coordinate the development team from the publishing side in the preparation of Milestones deliveries and submissions
- Keep abreast of and understand gaming and market trends, business models, and player preferences across all genres, platforms, territories, and demographics
- Possesses strong analytical and communication skills
- Minimum 7 years working experience as Product Manager or Publishing Producer, with experience successfully launching games and running them as a live service with rapid iteration loops
- Experience as an operational leader overseeing games in the free to play space through full development cycles - from prototyping to live ops
- Deep knowledge in the key performance metrics that drive game performance
- Deep knowledge of Game Publishing function including marketing, operations, live services, community, monetization and other
- Ability to effectively balance the needs of technology, business, and user experience
- Experience with owning and managing a P&L, a product roadmap, crafting product requirements, and specifications
- Ample knowledge about the video games market, user acquisition, and optimization of the player funnel
- Experience communicating across a variety of cross-functional stakeholders, working across time zones and international offices
- Skilled in building and optimizing complex workflows, managing budgets and delivery timelines
- Experience with forecasting and creating monthly/yearly/long term budgets
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and accountability through influence and collaboration
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage complex projects with diverse stakeholders all over the world (disciplines, regions, etc)
What we offer:
- Benefit package 100% paid by PCF. Insurance company reimburses 100% of claims (Up to $500 per service a year, as well as individual family coverage).
- Full Dental coverage, including major dental and orthodontics.
- 4% RRSP matching before tax deductions, 100% vested on day 1.
- Paid week off during Winter Holidays.
- 20 paid vacation days and 5 paid sick days.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting AAA projects with the top publishers in the industry: Project Gemini with Square Enix, in addition to a new IP to be self-published and two other games in a concept phase. One of our IPs is also being adapted for VR technology.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, take ownership of your projects, and are ready to leave a mark on a game you work on, apply now!
Please note, this role is located in Dublin, Ireland. All candidates must be located or open to relocation to Ireland.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.