Senior Producer , Publishing
Gearbox Publishing is looking for a talented, passionate, experienced leader who is comfortable practicing the art of game development to join our high-caliber publishing production team .
The best fit for this position will have the confidence and problem-solving skills to manage development schedules for multiple teams and titles at various stages in the product lifecycle while maintaining clear communication with Publishing leadership.
As part of the leadership team, you’ll be working with a fun, world - class team , and we’re seeking someone with the drive , character , and skillset to drive continued success .
Responsibilities (About the Job)
- Help guide a pre-release project towards a successful launch, then operate & drive the publishing functions for the live product.
- Proactively c reate, maintain, and carry out overall project plan s containing all key milestones and associated deliverables in conjunction with production staff and project leads.
- Work with business & finance leadership to develop business terms, forecast P&L, and review project budgets.
- Collaborate with discipline leads and cross-studio staff to create and manage the project plan with respect to the product goals.
- Communicate product status, issues and launch plans to key constituents across the organization including production, engineering, research, marketing, and business development.
- Ensure that critical path items, such as submission, localization, and QA-related responsibilities are unblocked and well-executed.
- Craft processes and standards for live operations aimed at minimizing product downtime and maximizing a positive player experience
- Serve as a friendly resource for other producers, assisting them in the resolution of complex problems and growing their skillset .
Requirements (About You)
- Five plus years experience as a Senior Producer , Producer , or equivalent product leadership position through the development & launch of PC or console AAA games , GaaS games, and/or F2P models.
- Must be comfortable synthesizing and representing the state of the project in relation to the product vision to various stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Must thoroughly understand cross - discipline collaboration and development - driven product ion.
- Able to work well in a fast-paced team environment and simultaneously manage multiple competing priorities with a cool head .
- Ability to create pre-launch and post-launch project plans & define key milestones , and then proactively monitor the progress of development towards those goals .
- Excellent organizational skills, detail - oriented, and can multi-task under pressure .
- Project management & visualization skill with JIRA , Microsoft Project , Hansoft , or other project management software .
- Broad knowledge of the video game market and trends.
- Previous experience with Live Operations, Community Management, and Marketing/PR teams for GaaS titles .
- P ast hands-on experience as a contributing team member of a core development discipline (Art, Animation, Engineering, Design, QA)
- P revious experience working on mobile titles in a leadership role
- Previous experience working with remote development teams