Senior Producer, Performance Operations
20 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Whether it’s driving a vision from start to finish or collaborating with teams to inspire and deliver projects of Epic quality, Epic’s production teams take pride in consistently delivering world-class products and experiences.
What You'll Do
We are looking for Senior Technical Producers to join us on Fortnite to help with Performance Operations. In this position you will partner with teams across Epic to drive our performance pipeline across various teams and features . We are looking for individuals who excel in organization, multitasking, have exceptional communication skills, and who are comfortable managing schedules of complex projects. Ideal candidates have experience directly working with engineers and the systems they develop.
In this role, you will
- Own the outcome - No matter the complexity or challenges, ensuring that our products launch and operate successfully. This will entail collaborating with various teams on a number of complex features and shepherding it through our optimization pipeline from prepro to ship.
- Own the schedule - Work with Performance Teams to manage workload and coordinate cross-team efforts, and partner with various Feature Teams to help fulfill their goals while meeting performance requirements.
- Build and maintain project plans, schedules, and roadmaps considering dependencies across multiple development teams to ensure successful releases. Mediate competing performance requests and balance/schedule to achieve max throughput for the product.
- Communicate - Provide transparency and communicate frequently on project status and risks to stakeholders in order to ensure they are properly informed of any impacts for upcoming releases. Facilitate handoffs between QA, developers, production for performance efforts
- Ensure the team and project have the best organizational structure, processes, and practices that allow them to produce high quality work efficiently and on time.
What we're looking for
- Previous experience working in a production role where you've managed cross-functional teams in the creation and delivery of complex projects. Ability to work across a large group of cross-discipline stakeholders to funnel development across all Fortnite dev teams through our optimization pipeline.
- Deep understanding of game development, software development process, and project management practices. Desire to operate 50% at a high level, managing dev strategies and org structure to better scale our FN products, and 50% in the details managing product initiatives.
- Demonstrate technical aptitude; deep understanding of performance profiling + process and gamedev feature pipelines.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask/reprioritize. Self-starter, you approach challenges creatively and methodically, seeing them through to final resolution. Ability to adapt and be effective in new situations within a highly dynamic environment.
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.