This job might no longer be available.
Senior Producer, Online Engineering - Diablo IV | Albany, NY or Irvine, CA
3 months ago
Job Title:Senior Producer, Online Engineering - Diablo IV | Albany, NY or Irvine, CA
Blizzard Entertainment is a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about gaming, entertainment and the technology that drives our player experience.
The Diablo IV team is seeking a Senior Producer for Online Engineering. In this role, you will become an integral part of the game team by scheduling and coordinating online features and ongoing server infrastructure updates while also providing support for the live operations team. Our core objectives will be to continue to collaborate with our content teams about online systems while also keeping Diablo IV running in a smooth, trouble free way 24/7 across the globe.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Albany, NY or Irvine, CA.
- Drive sophisticated technical projects with numerous stakeholders across Blizzard.
- Work with content producers on Diablo IV to identify and track new online features or changes.
- Regularly collaborate with multiple support teams that interact with Diablo IV's server infrastructure to identify work.
- Partner with engineering leadership to help set project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables.
- Create and maintain the day-to-day work schedules of over a dozen server engineers.
- Manage and track development, QA, PTR, and live environments.
- Minimum 5 years in a production role.
- Shipped at least one AAA game in a technical production role supporting a live service.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability and comfort coordinating with various game team departments as well as other departments across Blizzard.
- Passion for understanding complex technical systems.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
- Proven experience managing schedules and employees to achieve desired results.
- Bachelor of Art or Science in a technical field (or equivalent).
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of database and server infrastructure.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org . General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.