Senior Producer - Dungeons
11 days ago
Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
We are looking for a Senior Producer to lead an area within our games overseeing and supporting multiple teams building our Online & Foundation experiences consisting of online gameplay, multiplayer interactions as well as build and tools.
As an experienced Producer, you will be part of shaping game development from its inception all the way to released player experiences.
In close collaboration with our Executive Producer, Directors, Leads and Producers you will set goals and direction and contextualize them into a tangible roadmap that can be leveraged by teams to build compelling game experiences. Y ou will report to the Production Manager, Minecraft Dungeons.
As an experienced leader, you have the ability to align many teams towards one common goal, remove roadblocks and dependencies and ensure successful deliverables on time, on budget with quality. You ensure visibility on both higher-level plans and more granular execution for our development teams.
Key to the Producer role is the ability to be visionary, inspiring, pragmatic and playful. You are comfortable setting strategy and leveraging insights from the creative and technical work of the teams. To succeed you need strong skills in communication, prioritization and the ability to connect with all crafts.
What You’ll Do
- Act as a leader for your area, being able to transform direction and business priorities from our leadership into relevant goals and priorities for our development teams
- Drive the creation of vision, strategy and roadmap for your area together with leads, teams and stakeholders
- Work with Leads in all areas to shape out pipelines and tooling that other teams can rely on and help them fulfill their delivery milestones and build the best product possible
- Continuously identify areas for improvement, and execute on these improvements
- Work in close collaboration with our teams to identify and mitigate risks and bring rerecommended plans of action to handle any disruptions to our roadmaps.
- Facilitate, maintain and develop the area processes for our development teams and other area Leads.
- Accountability of full lifecycle (planning, scoping, budgeting, execution, testing, final delivery and evaluation)
- 5+ year experience in gaming and /or tech companies from the roles of Producer, Product Manager, Product Owner, Program Manager
- Experience from organization(s) with servant leaders and a people-first culture
- A natural leader and team player with strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent self-leadership skills, thorough and analytical, confident and being able to say no.
- Experience in building teams and/or organizations with many dependencies
supporting other teams.
- Have contributed to developing, shipping a game and/or managing service
operations for at least one product in similar roles.
- Massive amounts of curiosity about how things work and the need to be constantly consuming new ideas, technologies, and problems.
- A passion for and deep understanding of gaming and technology.
Ideally, experience from some of the following:
- Experience in delivering multiplayer in shipped games on console or PC
- Having contributed to shipping a game on console
- Experience defining business priorities and processes and implementing them.
- Experience working with a global team and confident in speaking and writing in English, even on production details, technical and business terms.
- Experience running and operating a live game
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!
Important note on resumes
Please make sure that all the information in your resume is accurate because we will conduct a thorough background check. Any discrepancies will lower your chances of getting to the next interview stage and we’d hate to miss out on an awesome candidate! Double check that any gap years are reflected in your history, and that your education and work experience are completely accurate. Good luck!