Senior Producer, Advanced
6 days ago
ProbablyMonsters is looking for a creative, technical, and collaborative Senior Producer, Advanced. You will join a team focusing on action game play, world building, level design, AI, and character design during the early phases of game development.
We are seeking a Senior Producer, Advanced who is experienced in developing gameplay and/or heroes for action games. We are in an early phase of development where exploration and innovation happen quickly and are balanced against building tools and hardening the core game. We are all enthusiastic about helping to shape a culture of collaboration and trust while creating best-in-class action game experiences.
The salary range for this position is $147,000 - $221,700. This range represents the salary for the position commensurate with experience, knowledge, and demonstrated success in the field.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A production leader with experience delivering quality games through all stages of development
- Unwavering in your desire to create a positive and inclusive work culture
- Excited to work with and be a part of a larger organization of publishers, investors, and partner studios
- Comfortable working in the iterative and ambiguous realities of the pre-production environment
- Effective at breaking down complex ideas and communicating them effectively across disciplines, teams, and companies
- Motivated and independent when possible, unafraid to ask for help when needed, and always willing to offer help
- Enthusiastic about joining a startup of around 40 people and helping to develop and scale processes as the team grows
- Skilled at giving and receiving feedback on game development and interpersonal interactions
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop, evolve, and share best practice processes for all stages of game development from a production perspective
- Plan milestones, provide estimates, manage risks, and assign tasks ensuring work is completed on time
- Attend playtests and provide constructive feedback across all aspects of the game
- Implement production process and be accountable for planning, tracking, and delivering game milestones
- Work both strategically and tactically to execute on studio goals, tracking and reporting against roadmaps to our business stakeholders
- Communicate progress, status, issues, and plans to key constituents across the organization
- Work closely with Probably Monsters teams to ensure alignment on progress, milestones, and development stages
- Assist and mentor other producers and team members
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Experience shipping games on multiple platforms, end-to-end, e.g., Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, PC and/or experience working on gaming platforms or related technologies
- Experience realizing the creative vision for one or more games
- Advanced level understanding of the development methodologies of games such as Agile, Scrum, Kanban, and Waterfall
- Advanced level knowledge with project tracking software such as, but not limited to, Jira, ADO, or Hansoft
- Advanced level knowledge of MS Suite (Office, Project, Excel, One Note) or equivalent software
- Ability to enhance relationships and network with senior internal/external partners who are not familiar with the subject matter
- Advanced knowledge of the development process, specifically around debugging and refining processes
- Advanced knowledge and full understanding of area of game production, principles and practices
- Proven ability to break down complex production ideas and communicate them effectively across various disciplines, teams, and stakeholders
- Experience leading meetings in various presentation settings
- Preferred experience working with large, cross-discipline teams within AAA Video Games
- Preferred experience with feature ownership within AAA game development
- Preferred experience within a Live-Ops or Games as a Service development model
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
- A people-centric culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package, including a sign-on bonus; annual stock option grants; health coverage (medical, dental, vision) paid at 100% for the employee and subsidized by the Company for dependents; Flexible Spending Account eligibility; life, accidental death, and disability insurance coverage; annual 401K contribution by the Company; Employee Assistance Program; and extensive paid time off plus holiday closures.
ProbablyMonsters is an independent AAA video game company that aims to change the way games are made and inspire a better industry for all. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to redefine what it means to create exceptional games. We secured the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, life-long careers while delivering industry-defining games within a healthy, rewarding culture.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.