Senior/Principal Software Engineer - Orchestration
17 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Orchestration team you will create, support, and evolve the compute infrastructure at Roblox as we build out Roblox's Private Cloud. In Orchestration, we provide the interface for the hundreds of Roblox service teams to orchestrate their software. You’ll be reporting to Anya Sabo, and have a long lasting impact on the entire company. Come help us create, support, and evolve the infrastructure that manages the millions of containers that serve hundreds of millions of requests per second that power Roblox.
- Build and maintain the interface that enables thousands of Roblox engineers to deploy and orchestrate their services across the Roblox Private Cloud
- Build and maintain the control plane that handles the entire fleet, and the software that runs on each host of our fleet
- 8+ years of experience
- A preference for systems automation over ops and repetitive tasks.
- Appreciation for observability and reliability for long term sustainable systems
- Experience working on critical, large-scale distributed systems
- Experience in building large fleet management software and software rollout at scale
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$267,720 — $331,640 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.