This job might no longer be available.
Senior Principal Marketing Creative Director - Global Marketing, GM Creative
9 days ago
Riot Games is now a multi-game studio and next on the list...becoming THE entertainment company of the 21st century. As a result, Global Marketing Creative (GMC) was born to better support all of our Global Marketing Creative needs.
As a Sr. Principal Marketing Creative Director you will report to the Head of Global Marketing Creative . You will mentor and guide our fellow creative directors & video leaders in our Lax, Shanghai, Singapore and Europe creative hubs. You will help to ensure our gameplay and cinematic creative campaigns are set up for success and delivering best in class creative to players. You will work with our head of studio to ensure we have the right partners internally and externally to deliver on GMCs high demand for video content. You will help guide vendor partnerships and propose new ways for us to achieve the creative output needed for global creative marketing campaigns, including mobile and UA. You will also work with the video director leads to ensure that there is a balance of workload for internal directors, and creative directors globally along with external partners to ensure the Riot authenticity and product connection never goes missing. You will collaborate with internal and external creative teams and production partners to develop and deliver world-class, global creative experiences that meet strategic goals of publishing in multiple products, such as League of Legends , League of Legends: Wild Rift , Teamfight Tactics , VALORANT , and Legends of Runeterra and future R&D games.
- Lead an expanding and contracting multi disciplinary flex team of internal and external teammates to be deployed across all of Riot Games to answer creative needs.
- Help uphold the bar for creative craft excellence with our global hub and vendor partnerships.
- Demonstrate and support craft excellence on gameplay and cinematic content across the company.
- You will help future proof GMC for upcoming game launch and mobile launch production and staffing.
- You will work with our GMC leadership team to ensure timely resolution of needs and advocate for opportunities.
- Hold us accountable to be true partners to the other studio pillars, external vendors, regional hubs and regional vendors.
- Help guide cross hub global creative partnerships on large scale campaigns.
- Innovate in the space of video storytelling.
- Be an active leader in the creative director / video director discipline to ensure global creative quality bar is met and developed.
- Collaborate with creative directors, writers, producers, editors, directors, artists, and more to deliver creative that surprises and delights our players.
- Guide, mentor, and lead with vision and a humble approach that inspires the GMC global hub leaders and subsequent teams.
- Bachelor's Degree or demonstrated equivalent
- 12+ years of leading successful creative teams in games marketing or creative agency
- Award winning portfolio that demonstrates a proven track record of developing 360 campaigns from strategic creation to final delivery while building the foundation of a brand identity with a unique creative platform
- Experience collaborating across multiple marketing craft disciplines from Brand, Creative, Comms and Channels
- Experience managing other creatives, as well as managers and leaders of teams.
- Experience leading regional teams and global team focused game marketing campaigns.
- Level-headed approach to change management, conflict resolution and patience through the fluctuating creative development process
- PC, Console, and Mobile games marketing experience
- Expertise with Project Management tools (ie. Airtable, Favro, Smartsheets) and DAMs (ie. Iconik, Brandfolder) for database management, tracking, and archiving.
- Understand what gaming competitors are doing to promote acquisition, fandom, and engagement
- Experience managing 360 creative marketing campaigns for game launches.
Relationship to Games:
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit , and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave , plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.