Senior/Principal Engineer - Back End
London, United Kingdom
6 days ago
Kano continues to grow, and now we’re looking for a Senior/Principal Engineer to join our to join our Software Experience Team. This person should be a hungry, ingenious engineer with a solid track record pushing boundaries and a keen imagination able to bring ideas to life.
You’ll be be part of the team that develops the services at teh heart of our new product - you'll find yourself working on new iterations of our existing services.
Along the way you’ll probably find yourself working with Front End Developers and QA Engineers. We’re seriously into Test Automation and it would be part of your job to design and implement automation.
Technologies In Role
- Jenkins or similar
Nice to have
- Docker & Kubernetes
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Advocate best practices across all areas of software development.
- Promote the ethos and values of the engineering team, both internally and externally, by exemplifying those behaviours most important to Kano.
- Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities.
- Assist in maintenance and upgrades of existing software applications.
- Participate in design reviews and recommend improvements.
- Provide support in all phases of SDLC and ensure to deliver high-quality products.
- Provide training and mentorship for less experienced engineers, helping them find ways to ‘level up’.
- Analyze and troubleshoot application issues in a timely fashion.
- Develop the most effective technical solutions to meet business requirements.
- Work with other engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines.
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Attend team meetings to communicate project status and discuss about new ideas and any issues.
- Recommend new technologies to ensure quality and productivity.
- Assist in technical audits and make sure to implement audit recommendations.
- Make business presentations to management when needed.
- Work with QA team in preparing test cases, plans and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies, Experience:
- A clear understanding of architecture and design decisions that go far beyond the immediate technical area of expertise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to speak to technical aspects of the product, connect planned work to business strategy with regard to what makes the company more successful and have the interpersonal skills to influence others around them towards these goals
- Strong development skills as a polyglot developer.
- Have delivered significant parts of complex projects.
- Able to research, negotiate with stakeholders, track and surface risks, plan, and handle the expediencies of ‘landing’ a project delivery.
- Strong understanding of development best practices, including build systems, automated testing, and continuous integration, and Git (or other RC system)
- At least 5 years commercial development experience
- Join one of the world’s fastest growing full stack tech startups - huge opportunities for learning and advancement.
- 10% time back to work on your own projects
- Flexible working schedule.
- You will partake in the company’s Stock Option plan
- Team nights out, tons of office snacks and a competitive holiday structure
- £1600 flexible benefits pot
- £500 annual personal development fund
- Large discount on all Kano products
- Work with an exceptional and diverse group of people
- Informal, friendly and collaborative office environment