Senior Player Research Specialist
4 days ago
Are you passionate about Players? Do you want to champion the player perspective in our game production process and company strategy?
Are you experienced in online and traditional research methods and interested in a role with a lot of variety on a fantastic tight- knit team?
We are looking for an experienced research and insights professional with a background in consumer research, consumer knowledge, behaviour & UX. You will work within the Player Initiatives team, collaborating with various teams across King to ensure tangible outputs are delivered to ingrain player centricity and inform decision- making in game production.
You will work with UX specialists, designers and developers to connect them to our players and find answers to product design questions.
Most importantly, your job as the ‘Voice of the Player’ is to help King understand its players, know who they are and what would make their world more playful.
Your role within our Kingdom
As part of the Player Initiatives team, you will plan, design and implement player research initiatives and provide ongoing insight- based guidance across multiple stakeholders. You'll drive our team forward to ensure that the Voice of the Player is heard and acted upon in the King game design process to help us create unforgettable games that delight players around the world.
This role reports to the Director of Player Initiatives, VIP and Product and is based in London.
● Recruit participants, formulate surveys and research, collate player feedback and translate data into insights
● Work closely with online and Community teams to harness these channels and share insights
● Collate compelling and actionable insights in written reports and oral presentations
● Work closely with a variety of stakeholders to answer research questions
● Bring the player perspective into the design and analysis of A/B test
● Seek, test and adopt new methodologies that further enhance the efficiency of the department
● Develop capabilities and solutions that will provide quick turn- around insights using the multiple available channels
● Assist in maintaining and innovating player and research data storage
Skills to create thrills
● Extensive experience in consumer research with strong customer- facing expertise and a good understanding of product development
● Minimum of a Bachelor degree or equivalent
● Proficiency in all parts of the research (qualitative and quantitative) life- cycle, to include: briefing, recruitment, questionnaire/discussion guide design, analysis, synthesis of findings, communication of insights
● Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities, delivering in a fast- paced environment, whilst maintaining a calm and friendly approach
● Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships across all levels of the business
We’re Seriously Playful
Officially, we’re a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that’s not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let’s talk.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.