Senior Platform Engineer
14 days ago
Job Title:Senior Platform Engineer
Your role within our Kingdom
As our Platform Engineer, you will be a part of a team with a mission to build, innovate and maintain technology for Kings Loyalty Platform and infrastructure. This includes evaluating existing tech, developing new services, tools and features for our platform and web portals, defining and implementing development and release processes for the team, investigating problems including live incident response and coaching your fellow team mates. You will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative workplace where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your Engineering expertise.
You will work in a dynamic environment where work is driven by the requirements of our customers. Therefore you should be a fast learner with a positive attitude and a strong passion for working with new technology. You're excited about doing what's best for our players and adaptable enough to work on different things day to day based on their needs, and prepared to roll up your sleeves to support in any area that needs attending.
● Architect efficient, reusable back- end systems and workflows to drive complex cloud services in our on-premise data center, Azure and GCP.
● Design and build front- end web apps, back- end database, and services.
● Setup and implement automatic testing end2end within your area of backend services.
● Implement release process, disaster recovery plan & execution and definition of work processes.
● Improve workflows and create scripts and tools for automation, configuration, and release management within your area.
● Evaluate and utilize the latest concepts, tools, and technologies.
● Create and maintain technical documentation covering your areas.
● Lead assigned feature development and coach fellow teammates on projects end2end.
Skills to create thrills
You have a great passion for Full Stack Platform engineering, new technologies, large scale systems and games. You are an excellent communicator, comfortable dealing with people from different business units and with varying degrees of technical savviness. Therefore, you are able to translate business needs to technical requirements and implementation.
● Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
● 5+ years’ experience as a Java developer building platform services and live systems
● Experience using Agile practices such as Scrum, maintaining CI/CD build tools using Jenkins, Automated testing and code reviews
● Experience developing features using services like Message queues/Streaming tech such as Kafka, Database schemas and operating a live platform at scale.
● Experience using tools like Git/Github systems, Gradle, Maven and NPM
Tasty bonus skills
● Experience developing platform services using NodeJS.
● Experience developing and maintaining systems on Azure and GCP.