Senior Platform Engineer (Storage)
14 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Future Technology Group here at PlayStation collaborates on exciting developments like this!
FTG's Cloud Gaming Platform enabled SONY AI to create SOPHY!
Platform Engineer (Storage) (Aliso Viejo, Austin)
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Future Technology Group (FTG)
At PlayStation, we're leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we push the boundaries of what's possible! Would you like to use your skills, time, and passion for meaningful projects that are building the future? We're looking for a Platform Engineer with proven experience in modern software delivery and loves crafting efficient, flexible and low friction workflows to build, release and deliver software. If that sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us deliver a unique gaming experience to millions of players!
- Development of a distributed, Ceph-based storage platform that enables product teams to leverage reliable and secure distributed storage.
- Onboarding internal customers onto the storage platform.
- Collaborating closely with the Platform and Release Engineering Team as well as other teams on release process and automation.
- Supporting releases of new Ceph versions to the storage platform.
- Improving Reliability, Performance and Feature Set of the storage platform based on internal customer needs
- Leading data-driven capacity planning decisions such as install base expansions and storage capacity redistributions.
- Collaborating with the Data Center and Network Operations teams for hardware upgrades, bootstrapping and maintenance of new and existing servers.
- 3-5 years of experience with creating, implementing and executing Software Development Processes.
- Proven knowledge in working with bare metal systems on premise or in hybrid cloud environments.
- Ability to troubleshoot storage-related issues on the storage platform and internal customer services integrating with the storage platform.
- Experience with distributed storage systems, object and block storage, ideally Ceph.
- Experience with the instrumentation, maintenance and evolution of storage systems on the cloud, e.g. Amazon S3 and its API.
- Experience with Linux systems and administration.
- Experience with GitLab is a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer-First Thinking.
- Experience with collaboration in a distributed team across multiple timezones.
- High energy and driven to positively impact the business.
- Being a Contributor to Open Source Software is a plus.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$131,100 — $196,700 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.