3 months ago
Are you an experienced Pipeline Developer? If so, we are looking for you to join our team!
As a Pipeline Developer, you will work with our in-house scene description, motion capture and artist-facing tools which are shared with current clients. You will collaborate with artists, partners and other engineers from all around the world to maintain and further develop new tools and technology.
We are charged with developing and maintaining Weta’s tools and technology used to facilitate the virtual filmmaking process. Our tools are used and developed in partnership with our client and are crucial to enabling the delivery of creative content. We closely work with artists and technical directors to build out these tools and workflows.
You will also be responsible for assisting in maintaining pipeline stability for the client in a constantly evolving software environment. This will include prioritizing and fixing issues as they are reported.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop, deploy and support new tools and workflows for artists
- Provide front line support for artists authoring content for virtual production, as well as across a range of Weta Digital software during motion capture shoots
- Troubleshoot software, debug issues and collaborate closely with other development teams
- Assist in testing, deployment and training of new software and workflows
- Assist in capturing feedback and user requirements.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in the VFX industry as an engineer or technical director, utilizing VFX production pipelines and common DCC apps (Maya, Motionbuilder, etc)
- Professional experience using Python and GUI development, preferably Qt
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Be comfortable working in Linux environments
- Be willing to work occasional stage production hours when supporting a mocap shoot
You might also have
- Experience or familiarity with virtual production workflows and Scene Descriptions such as USD
- Experience with C++ and/or UX design (flowcharts, mockups etc).
- Knowledge and experience in creating plugins for DCC applications
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.