Created by Monsters. Built for gamers.™
Truly Likeable Monsters (TLM), is a world-class video game company focused on development for some of the biggest games in the industry. Our mission is to break down barriers in the video game industry and make game tech available to all game developers regardless of size.
We are looking for good humans with incredible talent to make great games.
Position Summary: Senior Physics Engineer
- 100% Remote position & other cool benefits
- Working with an international team on AA or AAA games in an multi-engine (CryEngine and Unreal Engine) Studio
- Develop Physics code for video games in a software engineering capacity, for various platforms including consoles and PC
- Be a part of a groundbreaking new global game developer and publisher, with a permanently remote team spanning 26 countries and counting (live where you want)
- Competitive salary, excellent benefits, and stock options available for full-time employees
- Write and modify C++ code for CryEngine (03DE and Lumberyard acceptable) and / or UnrealEngine4+ to implement / update physics for diverse systems notably characters, vehicles, objects, cloth and the like.
- Diagnose and fix Physics bugs, and profile and optimize game code as necessary.
- Work closely with designers, animators and other engineers to meet physics and technical goals.
- Communicate with other developers, company leadership, and external partners, using online tools such as Slack, Zoom, and Google Meet
- Collaborate in peer education and self study
- Develop, maintain, update, and optimize the middleware, code, SDKs, internal libraries, and everything in between.
- Participate with other departments providing development, documentation, influence strategy and overall direction for an online environment through your contributions
- Developing prototypes for testing
- Learning is one of our core values, as such, mentor others within your team and/or across departments
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of physics game development experience.
- 1+ shipped AAA console or PC titles with CryEngine (03DE, Lumberyard acceptable) or UE4+.
- Physics engine experience with Nvidia PhysX, Havok, and UE5 Chaos.
- CryEngine (03DE, Lumberyard acceptable), or Unreal Engine 4+ development experience.
- Strong C/C++ skills are a must.
- Experience working with online game platforms.
- Conversant in PC and Console game development techniques and best practices
- Great with lateral thinking and motivation to work independently and on a team as well as the ability to work directly with teams across multiple territories and time zones.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation from the beginning of a project through completion.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of, or experience with game development systems is advantageous.
- Systems and Network Engineering a plus
- Familiarity with current and next console SDKs, Steam, Epic Game Store,
- Familiarity with common game industry tools & middleware