Senior Photogrammetry Artist
21 days ago
Job Title:Senior Photogrammetry Artist
Activision Central Technology’s CTX group is a team of artists, scientists, and engineers who collaborate with Activision studios to develop pioneering workflows and techniques for game content creation. We combine expertise from the game industry and the film industry to advance real-time visuals to levels which were previously exclusive to motion pictures.
You will be part of a Central Technology effort to provide industry best game assets to our upcoming titles.
Your Mission is to work with multiple teams and new technology to build outstanding character, prop and environment assets and streamline the delivery of these photoreal assets to our games.
- Effectively foster excellence in 3D assets across the company
- Act as an expert consultant to the development studios on photogrammetry asset pipelines and methodologies
- Maintain relationships with development teams throughout projects to ensure art-related goals are progressing appropriately
- Develop tools, plugins, workflows for Reality Capture, Maya, Zbrush
- Build Assets for In-Game and Cinematics use (Modeling, Texturing)
- Build and maintain all imaging systems, scanners, and gear
- Work closely with Central R&D group to create visual assets, development tools and novel workflows in support of our R&D projects and our development teams
- Propose, plan and implement in-studio and in-field captures
- Assist in advocating art-related R&D projects to internal and external partners
- 5+ years in game industry with multiple shipped AAA titles in art or tech art positions
- Strong, successfully-demonstrated expertise in photogrammetry, PBR and 3D asset pipelines
- Expansive game-specific technical art knowledge
- A positive demeanor and ability to work on a multi-discipline team
- A passion for developing high quality games
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to innovate.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to balance both ambition and risk mitigation for a project
- Proven track record to read and script tools using Python or C#
- Field work requires ability to lift at least 50 lbs., walking, kneeling, hiking, and may occasionally involve multi-day domestic or international travel
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
- Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
- The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
- Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.