Senior People Partner, Defence
11 days ago
In the National Security and Defence sector, a unique opportunity exists to impact high stakes real-world outcomes by enabling decision makers to explore, interact and experiment with rich simulations of interconnected real world systems – what we refer to as single synthetic environments.
Improbable Defence develops a software platform that enables the creation of these single synthetic environments, aiming to capture for the first time the multi-domain complexity that is pervasive in modern military operations, and to provide a full simulation-supported workflow; from understanding a scenario, to planning an operation, rehearsing and training.
Single synthetic environments give decision makers a constantly improving picture on how to best prepare for crises and threats. Improbable’s platform offers new capabilities to the defence industry with a library of models, enabling defence developers to reuse and repurpose existing models and build new models of the real world in a fast, efficient and iterative way.
Our Defence business is going through an exciting period of growth, with headcount forecast to more than double over the next 12 months. As the Senior People Partner for Defence, your mission will be to provide strategic HR leadership that anticipates the people challenges that come with such rapid growth, designing and implementing programs to meet these in partnership with the Defence leadership team and hiring managers. Optimising the end to end employee experience to ensure impactful onboarding, clear talent development strategies and establishing a strong feedback culture will be key to ensuring the business scales successfully.
Areas for Impact:
- You will work with the Defence VP Operations and the Head of People, Defence to build and execute on a People Plan that supports the ambitious growth of our Defence organisation, influencing and coordinating colleagues from across People Operations to deliver on this plan.
- You will build relationships with senior managers/leaders across Defence, acting as a trusted advisor and coach to this group and integrating as a member of the Defence management team.
- You will also act as the primary People Partner for a ~80 person sized segment of our Defence organisation.
- You will contribute to company-wide initiatives that ensure Improbable is a great place to work. This will include working with the wider People team on onboarding, compensation, rewards, recognition, probation, D&I initiatives, performance and wellbeing.
- You will generate, analyse and communicate insightful data to help us drive better decisions across the business for all things people.
- You will participate in employee relations and conflict resolution where necessary. Take the time to understand opinions/concerns and apply logic, reason and intent to address them.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- You have significant HR knowledge and experience, possibly within a technology focused organisation or fast growing environment, including experience business partnering directly with senior stakeholders who are accountable for or heavily invested in the success of People initiatives.
- You have experience leading organisation design, change management and workforce planning, including the program management of re-organisations and associated communications, and the design of career paths and assessment methods.
- You have experience in partnering with and/or developing a manager population, particularly in co-designing and delivering management development programs.
- You are comfortable delivering in an extremely fast moving, dynamic environment where things can change quickly and the right solution to a problem is often ambiguous.
- Comfortable acting as a coach and advisor to employees at all levels of the business on People related issues.
- You are experienced in dealing with highly sensitive and confidential matters.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.