This job might no longer be available.
Senior PR Manager
12 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The SIE Communications team is looking for a talented, results-driven PR professional to drive strategy and execution for PlayStation Studios’ exclusive games, leading innovative campaigns that shape a positive narrative for PlayStation Studios and the overall PlayStation brand. You will play a central role in telling high-impact stories around our exclusive games across gaming and entertainment media.
The Senior PR Manager will work with development studios globally to support games releasing on a variety of platforms including PlayStation 4/PlayStation 5, PlayStation VR, and PC. The ideal candidate is a strategic, highly-collaborative individual who can craft and lead creative PR programs that result in meaningful press coverage.
You must be an exceptional writer, detail-oriented and experienced fostering relationships with media and other influencers. Expertise managing product launches, review programs, and events, along with strong people management experience is required.
Must be a confident strategist and storyteller who strives to innovate and stays on top of emerging trends in gaming, digital entertainment and technology.
- Serve as global Comms lead on software campaigns, driving PR strategy and execution for our exclusive game’s portfolio with a high-level of success.
- Partner with key stakeholders across a global organization to create synergistic and creative campaigns that can scale globally.
- Lead key campaign tactics such as media outreach, messaging development, preview/review programs and reporting.
- Foster and expand relationships with key media to secure compelling coverage, with a particular focus on global mainstream and gaming media outlets.
- Offer strategic counsel to studio leaders and marketing partners and manage crisis communications as needed.
- Manage high-performing team of PR professionals on day-to-day operations, campaign execution, department initiatives, and general media programs.
- Lead creation of PR materials including fact sheets, messaging docs & Q&A’s, developer bios, press releases, and wrap reports.
- Prepare and media train various studio spokespeople.
- Manage up and report back to supervisor and Comms Leadership team as appropriate on key areas, including strategic plans, project status, internal challenges, game updates, and issues.
- Provide post-mortem analysis of PR activities as needed and develop PowerPoint presentations and speech points as necessary.
- Leverage best-in-class tools and processes to foster new ideas and devise solutions to department-wide challenges.
- Lead and contribute to broader Communications department initiatives and general media programs.
What we’re looking for:
- The desired candidate will possess may proven years of Public Relations experience working directly with media and representing consumer and/or tech brands.
- Proven senior experience with a strong background in media relations strategy, people management and writing and content development.
- Proven track record of developing new innovative approaches and collaborating with others across a large global organization to achieve results.
- Highly-skilled at building relationships and securing coverage with traditional media as well as leveraging social media channels.
- Knowledge of the international media landscape and experience scaling campaigns with global counterparts.
- Must be able to collaborate and work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills are a must.
- A combination of agency and in-house is preferred.
- Keen interest in videogames and knowledge of the gaming industry would be a plus.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.