Senior PR Manager
San Mateo, CA, United States
17 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior PR Manager
San Mateo, CA
The SIE Communications team is looking for a Public Relations professional to lead PR strategy and execution for PlayStation hardware platforms and network services, while shaping a positive narrative for the overall PlayStation brand. Based in our Global HQ in San Mateo, you will play a central role in communicating the company’s innovation story across gaming and entertainment.
The Senior Public Relations Manager will work across our hardware and network portfolio, including our current and next-gen console business, VR, and network services. The ideal candidate is a strategic, creative, and, most importantly, collaborative individual who can develop and lead groundbreaking PR programs and campaigns that deliver impactful media coverage results on a global basis!
We are looking for a strong communicator, who is detail-oriented and experienced fostering relationships with media and other influencers! Expertise with leading product launches, review programs, events, and other tactics is required. You are a confident and composed story-teller who leverages both critical thinking and creativity, while staying on top of trends in gaming, digital entertainment and technology.
- Drive PR strategy and execution for PlayStation console business, PS VR, and network services
- Develop comprehensive PR plans and lead key tactics, such as media outreach, messaging development, event coordination, speaking opportunities, and reporting.
- Develop and grow relationships with key media to secure compelling coverage, with a particular focus on consumer and mainstream media outlets.
- Work across a global organization to build coordinated communications campaigns in partnership with key stakeholders, including counterparts in Marketing, Product, and Partner Relations.
- Manage up and report back to supervisor and Comms Leadership team as appropriate on key areas, including strategic plans, project status, internal challenges, product updates, and issues.
- Offer strategic counsel to product partners and manage crisis communications as needed.
- Lead and contribute to broader Communications department initiatives and general media programs.
- The desired candidate will possess at least 10+ years of Public Relations experience working directly with media and representing consumer and/or tech brands.
- A combination of agency and in-house is preferred.
- Experience managing projects and the ability to work collaboratively with others across a large global organization.
- Skilled at building relationships with traditional media and using social media channels.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills are a requirement.
- Solid/proven track record of developing and executing creative and strategic PR plans, as well as securing coverage.
- Keen interest in video games and knowledge of the gaming industry would be a plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.