Senior / PR Manager, UK
6 days ago
Wargaming is one of the world’s leading developers and publishers for high quality free to play games. We are looking for a PR Manager or Senior PR Manager to help us strengthen our communication & brand in the UK.
You’ll have the opportunity to work across various products, whilst being part of a wider team of great PR colleagues, who work across Europe and globally.
This position reports to the Communications Director Europe, and can be based remotely anywhere in the UK, or you can choose to work from our Guilford office.
What will you do?
- Developing & executing local corporate & product PR strategies (including communication plans, goals, and tactics), fitting to the local market for current line-up and yet not unveiled products
- Being an official spokesperson on behalf of Wargaming and its products across all platforms (PC, Console, mobile) to leverage our communications in the local market
- Providing support in communicating the corporate/product image through researching, writing and editing, press releases, white papers, speeches, internal communications, online communications and other related documents
- Developing a media relations strategy procuring high-level placement across all media
- Ability to dive into new market segments and enlarge our communication reach
- Monitor media relevant for the product and expand media contacts
- Defining KPIs and conveys those to and with potential supporting units/agencies (internal/external)
- Creating/requesting content and assets for ongoing product communications (messaging/FAQs for events, press releases, media alerts, interviews, and keynote presentations) – including translation/language checks
- Attending and organizing trade shows, press events and press conferences
- Responding to media inquiries about the products/ Company
- Providing PR reports to Product Group/ Company leaders
- Consulting internal units on communication aspects for all current and future products
- Engaging with non-marketing related Influencer landscape within the influencer landscape
- Request travel to our offices and other events, press tours etc. (when it’s safe to do so!)
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience with digital communication role(s), internal or external through which you are comfortable in all type of situations and can work independently to make decisions
- Ability to work remotely with care and in sync in close collaboration of the European wide team and managed by your direct lead
- Track record of managing communications on a level in one of our key regions, preferably with a focus on both corporate and products in gaming segment. You know how speak on our behalf, talk to media partners and be our UK speaking brand ambassador
- Ability to define appropriate communication performance indicators, report on success, and evaluate metrics to improve activities and strategies
- Strong and extensive network of media professionals, specifically in the entertainment sector (games / tech)
- Storytelling skills and an understanding of how to craft impactful narratives
- Functional expertise in communications, both strategic and operational, including digital tools and channels
- Excellent editorial management competence across all channels and interfaces, you know how to translate strategy and organizational needs into action
- Good reporting and analytical skills, knowledge of feasible tools to ensure proper reporting’s
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Gamer by heart, with knowledge about our gaming line-up, the free to play market and the gaming segment on PC/Console & mobile
- Excellent written and verbal in English - additional languages would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the media landscape and the gaming landscape in the UK – political experience (UKIE etc.) is a plus
- Knowledge about military history, historic military vehicles, military museums and events is a plus
- Knowledge of other global markets, including the Middle East and North America would be helpful
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 4,500+ employees and 20 offices spread all over the world. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms. Their flagship products include the massively popular free-to-play hit World of Tanks and the strategic naval action game World of Warships. Official website: wargaming.com
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!