Senior PR Manager - (9 Month FTC)
1 month ago
Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. We are proud to publish and support many of today’s most critically acclaimed gaming franchises, including NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Borderlands, BioShock, XCOM and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
The Senior PR Manager is responsible for the development, promotion and implementation of a PR plan for multi-format videogame releases, collaborating with all relevant departments and stakeholders for the execution of this plan within the UK marketplace.
- Plan and develop the PR strategy for multi-format videogame releases in the UK. Influence the approval of these strategies, which have to be forwarded to the UK’s Director of Marketing and Communications for guidance and initial sign off.
- Develop strategies tailored to the local market, which stay in line with overall business strategies and goals.
- Ensure that PR timelines, budgets, milestones, and deliverables meet the required product deadlines.
- Lead UK PR events and initiatives such as press trips (including local talent tours), events, pitches and media responses, championing 2K titles through Specialist, Mainstream and Trade media.
- Manage assigned PR and Communications agencies and oversee the distribution of press materials including EPKs, product demos, press releases and media packs.
- Responsible for the planning and management of UK PR events, including events agency management when required.
- Content creation for messaging; territory specific press releases, product presentations, media blasts, messaging and product presentations for relevant media.
- Effective PR campaign supervision including embargos, exclusives, cover deals and any other promotional opportunities.
- Be a product ambassador: endorse 2K and 2K titles at meetings, briefings, conferences, industry events, interviews, articles and press releases, maintaining a positive outlook with media at all times both at formal occasions and informally.
- Frequent interaction with the UK’s Director of Marketing and Communications as well as numerous departments in the business, working cross functionally with the UK and International Product, International PR and Sales Teams leading cooperative efforts. It is particularly important to maintain an effective and trusting relationship with the Sales team to ensure that PR campaigns are strategically aligned with the commercial targets of the business.
- Maintain strong, positive partnerships with key contacts in these departments to establish trust, approval of our local initiatives and ensure the increased outreach of our titles.
- Work with the legal team to ensure our ways of working and activities are legally sound.
- Effective collaboration with cross-promotional partners and licensors, ensuring maximum efficiency and awareness is achieved.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with external agencies such as media, promotional, creative and event agencies; effectively managing.
- Integrate PR and community plans; play a key role in creating the content and messaging on various social media platforms, managing influencer relationships where necessary to ensure maximum impact and efficiency of campaigns.
- Analysis and redefinition of PR channels through coverage and campaign reporting, including quantitative, qualitative and KPI assessments. Continued competitor monitoring, with analysis and planning that takes in to account key competitor strengths / weaknesses.
- Line Management of one member of the team. Day to day management including planning, delegating, and directing this employee’s work. Developing this employee through mentoring, feedback, goal setting and support. Conducting meaningful performance appraisals, rewarding, and problem solving where applicable.
- Perform other duties as required by the UK’s Director of Marketing and Communications such as budget management, ensuring all required approvals are received, attending trade shows, local, national and international travel and completing relevant marketing projects.
Key Skills and Requirements
- Education: A degree level qualification preferably in Business, PR or Marketing.
- Experience: Experience in PR management. Preferably within the games, tech, media or entertainment industries, however this is not essential.
- Campaign experience should extend to a variety of different IPs, preferably including AAA games, movies or other entertainment properties and licensed products from substantial entertainment and sports franchises.
- Excellent communication skills are essential; both written and verbal.
- Previous experience of line management responsibility is preferable, or demonstration of required leadership skills such as facilitation, openness, negotiation, fairness, integrity, respect and confidence.
- Extremely well organised, with strong administrational skills. An ability to multi-task is essential.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills at all levels.
- Creative flair, with demonstrable examples of the management of these in PR campaigns
- An effective team player through effective communication and listening, reliability, respectfulness and conflict resolution.
- PR agency experience would be beneficial.
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, 2K Marin, 2K Czech, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games and 2K China. 2K’s stable of high-quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise. 2K is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2k.com
2K is an equal opportunities employer and as such will endeavour to provide reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process where required. We invite candidates to notify us should they wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments.