This job might no longer be available.
Senior Outsource Review Artists (Contract)
1 month ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Outsource Review Artist (Contract)
This is a contracted position through our staffing partner Eastridge with a high likelihood of extension.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts (PSSVA) provides world-class content, development and services to PlayStation Studios. Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry’s best minds and companies. This is your opportunity to work closely with industry professionals from all over the world!
If you're a Senior Outsource Review Artist who has crafted both in-game and in-game cinematic quality environments and props within a range of styles from hyper-real to stylized, we want to chat with you! This position will focus on environmental art pieces and set dressing for a AAA titles; however, specialized experience with characters, vehicles, weapons and organic structures a plus!
We're looking for someone who has created art from both detailed concepts and a single photograph, with the ability to take and provide direction from concepts or rough direction to final model/texture.
- Build in-game art assets to Visual Arts/client specifications.
- Work with external vendors and distributed production team to create and review assets.
- Work with department supervision and production, client to define project technical and aesthetic asset specifications; ability to work with internal and external production partners to review work product.
- Creating and/or supervising the creation of proxy mesh/gray box art assets to guide execution.
- Ability to elevate issues to production, supervision/lead and department management to optimize production.
- Evaluate effort estimations to ensure staff days are in-line with current project schedules in coordination with production.
- Create and/or modify existing assets as necessary, may be required to create both hard surface and soft bodied assets from scratch.
- Quality control art assets prior to delivery to client.
- Work with clients/supervisors to revise and respond based on feedback for both aesthetic and technical purposes to ensure the deliverables meet expectations.
- Test assets in-engine to assess aesthetics and performance specifications on DevKit hardware or PC builds.
- 4-5 years' experience as an Environment, Prop or Character Artist, with at least 2 shipped AAA titles.
- An advanced understanding of in-game art asset creation and workflows (portfolio must contain examples of assets with wire-frame shading).
- An advanced understanding of Maya, as well as ZBrush or Mudbox.
- Experience with working with vendors or distributed production partners on feedback.
- Ability to clearly and concise provide feedback to internal and external partners in written form, in live feedback video meetings, and with paint-over/draw-overs.
- Ability to use in-game technology to review and finalize assets.
- Understanding of in-game testing to test/optimize for frame rate while balancing aesthetic needs.
- Experience with set dressing within a game engine (Unreal or proprietary)
- An advanced understanding of in-game art asset creation including hardsurface props, soft rigid assets such as clothing items, vehicle, weapons, etc…
- Experience working with external outsource vendors.
- Experience working on previous cinematic projects.
- Experience working with a game engine and engine tools.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
For more information about our benefits, please visit our Careers site.