Senior Outsource Environment Artist (Landscapes) - Unannounced Project
26 days ago
Job Title:Senior Outsource Environment Artist (Landscapes) - Unannounced Project
Senior Outsource Environment Artist – Landscapes
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented Senior Outsource Environment Artist focused on flora, terrain, lighting, and environmental props to join us on an Unannounced Warcraft mobile project!
As a Senior Outsource Environment Artist on this project, you will help to bring Warcraft’s art style through to global audiences. Your charge is to maintain the artistic vision set forth by the art director. Importantly, this will include giving direction on art assets produced by external artists, thus previous experience working with external artists is highly desired.
If you are ready to add your passion to a close-knit, collaborative community of artists and designers who are working together to shape a new Warcraft project, please read on.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Provide feedback (visually and verbally) on art assets, internally and externally
- Own the quality control over incoming art assets; providing detailed feedback and approvals to the external artists in order to deliver quality assets to the development team
- Create benchmark art assets and best practices guides
- Partner with art leadership to help define and realize the art vision
- Partner with production to ensure schedules and plans meet business and project needs
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other artists, internally and externally
- Communicate with production, design, and other departments
- Experience in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages including Maya, Zbrush, Blender, Marmoset, and Photoshop
- Solid grasp of hand-painted stylized work, composition, and a good eye for detail
- Mentorship experience of artists
- Clear and concise communication and people skills
- Has worked closely with game design teams to ensure art enhances the player experience
- Organized, great follow-through, self-driven, and team player
- Understanding of the visual style of the Warcraft franchise and a passion to push it to the next level
- Experience working with outsourcing teams
- Teaching experience
- Familiarity with the Warcraft franchise
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!