Senior Opto-Mechanical Engineer
Boulder, CO, United States
12 days ago
The Senior Opto-mechanical engineer is skilled in design of lens mounts and compact imaging systems. Position is responsible for supporting product development, design, measurement and assembly. Candidates must be highly innovative and enjoy working in a dynamic and creative environment within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Responsible for researching, planning, and designing opto-mechanical products and systems using best engineering practices of design, analysis and GD&T
- Create new system concepts incorporating miniature optics into novel opto-electronic devices
- Participates in activities related to design, fabrication, operation, application, testing, and production.
- Prototypes mechanical components and assemblies, which support interdisciplinary projects (electrical, software, controls, optics, etc.)
- Collects requirements and coordinates development activities to ensure components and systems conform to engineering and customer specifications
- Participates in collaborative meetings with multidisciplinary teams to design fixtures, calibration equipment or production components
- Contributes to technical design reviews with the Program Manager representing the concerns of their functional specialty on the product development team.
- Advocate and enforce best practices in design, development and testing.
- Capable of developing concepts for fixtures, calibration equipment, or production components using 3D CAD (ie CREO) which meet the product requirements.
- Knowledge of optical and mechanical test and metrology systems preferred
- 5+ years of industry experience in compact imaging system design is preferred
- Knowledge of CREO, Windchill, FMEA, tolerance analysis and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GDT)
- Knowledge of fabrication methods used in compact imaging systems including injection mold tooling, and direct machining methods for prototyping
- Knowledge of precision machining, fast tool servo (FTS), high-speed milling and multi-axis diamond machining preferred
- Must be confident in a highly dynamic and creative environment
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Optical Engineering, MS preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.