Senior Operations Manager, Unreal Engine
25 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Whether it’s driving a vision from start to finish or collaborating with teams to inspire and deliver projects of Epic quality, Epic’s production teams take pride in consistently delivering world-class products and experiences.
What You'll Do
We are seeking a talented Operations Manager to help revolutionize our organization's work systems and drive sustainability, efficiency, and scalability across the team and product. This exciting role requires implementing and managing systems, advocating for process improvements, and building strong relationships throughout Epic, from HR to Finance, while balancing the needs and priorities of the Unreal Engine team. If you're a natural problem-solver with a passion for driving change and improving
operations, this is the role for you.
In this role, you will
- Be the central point of contact for the UE team’s vendor partnerships, SOWs and contracts and will build a framework for an efficient contractor onboarding & offboarding process
- Ensure standardized processes for approval, tracking, cost management, and relationship management with vendors and create a yearly budget forecast
- Facilitate and continuously improve upon team pulse surveys, communicate actionable follow-up items to leadership & the team and organize diverse celebrations and team morale events
- Partner with Development Director, Production Director(s), and Senior stakeholders to maintain and improve team org charts and assignment visualizations and to ensure team data is accurate through audits and automations
- Drive the organization and content for quarterly business reviews by establishing a communications strategy, product go-to-market frameworks and facilitating critical team meetings
What we're looking for
- A demonstrated track record of delivering incremental, meaningful improvements to teams, stakeholders & partners
- A focus on continuous improvement cycles that push the needle and experience in defining and tracking success metrics that matter
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams to understand and mitigate problems and a level of comfort in advocating for the needs of those teams & their stakeholders, utilizing excellent communication and presentation skills to help you make your case
- A highly collaborative nature, embracing the importance of bringing perspectives together to get things done and that perfect is the enemy of good
- A minimum of 5 years of experience delivering software or game products at scale
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.