Senior Operations Engineer
14 days ago
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an experienced Senior Operations Engineer to join our team and work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Realm Royale, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Senior Operations Engineers do at Hi-Rez Studios:
- Work independently and as part of a team to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues with systems, software, and related infrastructure.
- Updating and maintaining deployed software versions of our game across the fleets of servers.
- Work closely with Web team to ensure infrastructure needs are met.
- Infrastructure web break/fix on call.
- Develop new and existing operational tools for Live Game operations .
- Consider best security practices throughout all aspects of the infrastructure and willingness to work with the security team to deliver secure solutions.
- Hardware and software performance analysis and tuning.
- Collaborate with other IT team members and customers throughout the business on incidents, support requests, projects, and other initiatives.
- Collaborate with software engineers to improve supportability, stability, and robustness of custom server software and infrastructure.
- Produce Method of Procedures that demonstrate understanding of changes proposed and how the change will be executed with minimal service impact.
- Ensure that all of our game services are responsive and scalable while maintaining performance and cost optimization.
- Create and maintain Group Policy configurations for multiple environments.
- Serve as a high level escalation point for operational issues.
- Participate in weekly or Bi-Weekly on call rotations.
- Maintain the health of systems by identifying and applying patches and firmware upgrades related to storage, servers, applications, network, virtual environment, and backups systems.
- Ensure stability of all services by monitoring for trends of issues and growth.
- Interface with other technical staff regarding availability of the infrastructure, technical considerations for planning.
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience with Microsoft & Linux Server Operating Systems.
- Skilled in network fundamentals, administration and troubleshooting.
- Ability to excel & lead in a time sensitive, fast paced, 24/7 environment.
- Create documentation and diagrams for projects and services.
- Strong scripting skill set – (Powershell, Bash, Python) with a focus on automation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and problem-solving skills.
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in System and Software Administration.
- Ongoing software version deployment experience.
- Perforce or other source control applications.
- Database management and basic SQL skills.
- VMware and other virtualization platforms.
- Cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure and GPC.
- SALT experience or software orchestration experience.
- Zabbix or other monitoring platforms.
- Centos 7 Containerization experience.