Senior Online Programmer - Epic Games Store
12 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Online Engineering at Epic
What We Do
The Distribution Team is part of Epic Games Store. Our team of engineering experts is always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower internal and external developers to deliver their digital content to users across multiple platforms. Whether it be supporting Fortnite, the Epic Games Store , or external partners, we are committed to improving the scalability, efficiency, portability, and stability of our tech offerings.
What You'll Do
As a member of our team, you can expect to coordinate with a cross-site group of highly skilled individuals. You will have opportunities to architect new features and evolve existing products used daily by millions of gamers, developers, and enterprise professionals. You will partner closely with backend services teams to ensure that the underlying systems we build meet internal and external customer needs.
In This Role You Will
- Be hands-on and use your technical expertise to drive solutions for a range of challenges
- Collaborate with other teams (including Product, Design, QA, and Backend Service Teams)
- Design, architect, implement, and ship well-documented new features
- Improve, and evolve existing tools and products
- Maintain and hunt for bugs in existing code bases
- Take part in foundational work as we embark on a new chapter for our desktop clients
What We're Looking For
- Strong programming background and C++ knowledge
- Strong problem-solving, logic, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to architect system interfaces and tools
- Track record of development on tight schedules with complex technical requirements
- Passion for building great user experiences and products that serve diverse use cases
- Someone who is user-focused, solution-oriented, passionate, scrappy, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and are at the core of just about everything we do
Nice To Have Skills
- Experience with Version Control Systems like Perforce and Git
- Experience with IDEs like Visual Studio and XCode
- Experience using networking diagnostic and debugging tools like Charles and Postman
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.