Senior Online Engineer - Treyarch
18 days ago
Job Title:Senior Online Engineer - Treyarch
Treyarch is looking for a talented Senior Online Engineer to help bring our online experience to the next level. As an Online Engineer, you will be responsible for client features, multiplayer systems, online community features, tools and more (did we mention eSports?). An Online Engineer should be able to get quickly familiarized with existing codebases and be able to write elegant, high performing extensible code that works well within a collaborative environment. We have offices in Vancouver and Los Angeles and you will be welcome in either of these locales.
We will consider candidates at all levels of seniority, depending on experience.
- Design, Implement, debug and optimize systems in C/C++ and scripting languages.
- Work closely with other Engineering and Design teams (Gameplay, UI) as well as the Backend developers to prototype, develop and refine features.
- Authors or contributes to technical designs and documentation.
- Optimizing and maintaining existing code. Instrument, analyze, and optimize network game traffic.
- Participate in the performance and code review process.
- Take ownership of a larger Online system or tools.
- 4 + years of programming experience with at least 1 year focus on networking and online systems.
- Shipped 1 + game title(s).
- Demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ and experience with a scripting language(s).
- Excellent knowledge of algorithms, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, portable, reliable, and optimized code that complies with existing coding standards.
- Proficiency in client-server networking architecture .
- Good understanding of network protocols, RESTful APIs and JSON.
- Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with other engineers, systems designers and producers.
- Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve .
- University-level degree in Computer Science or related field (preferably with an emphasis on Networking or Games).
- Experience with LUA, Python and other script languages .
- Experience with matchmaking and party management systems .
- Experience in data science ( SQL , visualization, analysis, pipelines) . Experience working with first party online services such as Xbox Live, Play S tation Network, or Steam.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is an award-winning videogame studio, driven to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops , Call of Duty®: Black Ops II , Call of Duty®: Black Ops III , Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, and the studio’s most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops - Cold War , have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty ’s Zombies.
Working at Treyarch means having the opportunity to work on some of the biggest videogames in the industry, all within a culture that values individual talent and the teams that bring games to life. We provide our teams with the cutting-edge development tools needed to make their most ambitious plans a reality, allowing for rapid iteration and the ability to create the kinds of memorable gameplay moments that are ultimately shared by millions of fans around the world. We also embrace challenges, knowing that together, we can overcome anything…and hopefully inspire a few new game developers along the way.
Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch , and @treyarch on Twitter.