Head of Operations
14 days ago
We are looking for a hands-on facilities professional to join our growing games studio in Guildford. You will be managing the Operations, ensuring our office environment that brings out the best in our team. You will work closely with the studio director, to keep everything running as a streamlined operation. Our ideal candidate brings both an appreciation for our creative environment, a practical can-do attitude, a strong presence.
The Senior Office Manager (or Head of Operations, as it’s known as internally) reports to the Finance Director.
You will thrive in an environment that requires you to wear multiple hats: events planning, facilities management, budgeting, problem solving and relationship management. You need to be a people person that has the ability to think on your feet, keep calm, and get things done.
As an ambitious studio with the backing of one of the world’s most successful free to play Publisher/Developers, your ambitions must match ours. We’re going through our second major renovation in two years as our team grows, and we’re looking for someone who is used to a fast-paced environment where change is the norm. This role has been made more challenging with Covid-19 and emphasized that people skills are fundamental to being able to do this job.
What will you do?
- Head up office projects that ensure the smooth running of the studio facilities
- Oversee the smooth running of internal and external events and client hospitality
- Ensure that our facilities and services are maintained, where possible improved
- Run the on-going new floor fit-out- sourcing contractors and supervising progress
- Being responsible for local office related procurement and vendors management
- Work with our inhouse deli, to ensure that our food offerings are in line with staff needs while ensuring budgets are reasonable and products sustainable
- Schedule appropriate Health & Safety training for our staff
- Managing a small team of 2
- Owning office policy’s and budgets and everything in between!
What are we looking for?
- Experience in a previous senior facilities / office management role
- Previous experience managing office remodelling projects and negotiating leases
- Proven team management experience
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible in fast paced environment
- Very strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- The ability to build highly effective working relationships
- Strong knowledge of budgeting processes
- A creative problem-solver with a strong sense of accountability
- Be able to handle confidential information with integrity and discretion
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread worldwide. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.