Senior Networking & System Engineer
6 months ago
Who are we?
We’re Sandbox VR, and we’re the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Inside our rooms, we take you on thrilling adventures and transform you into new characters. Our experience is like the movies, except you’re actually with your friends inside the movie.
We are a team of successful startup veterans with deep experience in VR, gaming, technology and hospitality. We're funded by leading global tech investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Alibaba.
Since we launched in 2017, we’re now live in 12 locations and 6 countries around the world (4.5 stars on Yelp, and the #1 Activity in Hong Kong and Singapore on TripAdvisor), and we’re quickly expanding.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering.
You will improve the Core Experience, network topology design (inside the experience room) and store level, network topology design for our CoreVR team.
You will help build:
- a low latency, seamless environment which will contribute to an immersive experience for our customers, using our wireless backpacks, on their SandboxVR visit. Investigating how this can be improved. We are using motion capture with wireless technologies such as our wireless backpack PCs so you would need to provide a low latency network configuration.
- The network topology design to ensure the whole infrastructure is operating at maximum efficiency
- explore ways to improve network latency and optimisation
- Ensuring all the networking plans are applicable and operable to all new branches that we are to open
- Consultation to the support team on how to mentor and educate store level staff to resolve technical issues
- Evaluate ways to monitor and improve latency/communication between different hardware and devices (this could be anything from the motion capture point through to the point content is delivered with hardware PC’s).
- Define and Manage a system configuration for all the windows devices in terms of the system performance
- Providing training/clear instructions to another team that how to align all the settings between the stores.
Who we're looking for:
- Technical Proficiency – You will have hands-on experience with Network Design Topology and optimisation coupled with knowledge of Cisco (Meraki), understanding the configuration, limits, workflow and the points which Cisco need to be contacted for resolution.
- Passion for cutting edge technology – understanding of technical constraints yet enjoys finding ways to make the infrastructure amazing despite the technical limitation.
- As you will research and present solutions to many partners in Hong Kong and abroad you will need a firm grasp of English (verbally and written)
- You may be required for the oversea on-site support and investigation.
- Familiarity with windows configuration in terms of the system and network performance.
How you can impress us:
- You have company network management experience or you have been responsible for the setup of data centre(s)
- You are familiar with wireless low-level technology
- You have networking experience for retail stores
- it would be a huge plus if you’ve had exposure to optimisation and networking (either as a hobby or a profession) for VR/AR/MR or motion capture.
- If you have any programming experience or if you have written small programs for testing we would love to hear about it
- Fluent Cantonese or Mandarin would be beneficial but not essential
- Familiarity with PC component spec, ventilation, computer devices
Up for the challenge? Join the Sandbox VR team and have access to:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Monthly Wellness Benefit
- Paid time off, sick time, and holidays
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.