Senior Network Systems Engineer
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Network Systems Engineer
Aliso Viejo, California
As the lead member of the IT Network Engineering team you will be developing and maintaining global enterprise network architecture to ensure a consistently excellent network user experience to PlayStation’s employees around the world.
- Develop and maintain standard reference network architecture for the global enterprise network
- Serve as technical lead for global enterprise network strategies and initiatives
- Lead all aspects of the development and implementation of PoCs to validate enterprise network solutions
- Lead all aspects of network vendor selection
- Lead all aspects of the development and maintenance of physical network component standards (e.g. network facilities, network media, network device peripherals, etc.)
- Contribute as a key member to the development of SIE’s network security standards
- Collaborate with SIE security architecture and policy teams to ensure that security and network standards are aligned
- Collaborate with non-enterprise network teams to ensure alignment across diverse SIE network environments
- Collaborate on large IT projects to ensure that network components of those projects are aligned efficiently with SIE’s enterprise network standards and capabilities
- Review and contribute on designs created by other network engineers to ensure they meet SIE’s global enterprise network standards
- Rack, build, and configure network appliances at SIE offices and datacenters.
- Mentor Junior to Senior level engineers in regard to SIE’s enterprise network standards and industry trends.
- 10+ years of dynamic experience in the enterprise networking field
- 5 + years of experience in architecting enterprise network solutions
- Broad networking knowledge, covering many network equipment vendors and components of the enterprise network
- Deep understanding of network fundamentals (e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet, IP Addressing/Subnetting, VLANs, etc).
- Advanced experience implementing common routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Advanced experience implementing zone based firewalls and configuring security policies.
- Fluent with Juniper QFX, EX, and SRX series platforms.
- Experience with Pulse Secure remote access VPN
- Experience with Palo Alto Networks firewalls, central management through Panorama.
- Experience with Network Access Control solutions
- Experience working with global teams
- Experience with integrating networks from acquisitions
- Knowledgeable with AWS Networking concepts
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.