Senior Network Security Engineer
12 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $77 billion in 2020 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who We’re Looking For:
Skillz is looking for a driven Senior Network Security Engineer with a passion for protecting corporate systems and information. This role will help secure the company by building and implementing security policies and procedures throughout our enterprise ecosystem. This role will report to the Head of Enterprise Systems within our operations team but will partner with team members throughout the business to identify security needs, architect solutions and resolve issues to support the growth of our rapidly scaling business.
What You’ll Do:
- The Security Engineer will work with the Head of Enterprise Systems and Security Engineer to improve the security posture, and security controls for the corporate IT infrastructure.
- Network security analysis, incident response, and the deployment and configuration of security tools.
- Developing, maintaining, and auditing security and compliance policies and procedures for corporate IT infrastructure and end users
- Designs and implements security solutions on a global scale including property level controls
- Responsible for vulnerability management, compliance, network security, and intrusion prevention
- Assists with implementation of counter measures or mitigating controls
- Records and responds to Cybersecurity incidents
- Test and identify vulnerabilities
- Own security for enterprise SaaS platforms and infrastructure
- Help maintain MDM best practices for Jamf, Intune
- Assist in the building, enforcement and monitoring of SOX compliance regulations
- Analyze business needs, research and recommend new solutions
- Building monitoring and response systems for physical and on-premises assets
- Develop strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach
- Partner with procurement to perform RFPs for security tools when needed
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of work experience in IT infrastructure or another related field
- 5+ years of work experience in IT security or another related field
- Strong communication skills
- Expertise in designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
- Disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- Experience with identity management platforms such as Okta, AzureAD, AD, etc.
- Experience with zero trust security, MDM, EPP/EDR, VPN and vulnerability management
- Experience implementing and maintaining SOX compliance
- Understanding of IT security frameworks such as ISO 27001, CIS, NIST
- Excellent troubleshooting / critical thinking skills
- Process oriented, with the ability to develop and execute IT processes
- Expert understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- Experience scripting in Bash or Python
- Experience with SIEM solutions
- Experience with Google Workspace,
- Experience with public cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Past IT experience in high security environments
- Experience with Okta or other single sign-on
- Apple experience is a plus
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.