Senior Network Programmer
22 days ago
About Ringtail Technology
Have you ever wanted to be a part of a team that genuinely wants to help game developers share their creative ideas, dreams and visions with millions of players at the same time?
Right now, we’re searching for a Senior Network Programmer to join the team doing exactly that! Ringtail Technology is in the midst of developing a high-quality game platform that has the possibility to change the way small and medium-sized studios create connected games. Our aim is to level the playing field between the possibilities of AAA studios and all the way down to indie game developers, and YOU could be a great part of making it all possible!
Are you excited about working on a ground-breaking product, while having your autonomy and personal influence on what our team is building? With your own strengths and the qualities of the other talented people already working at Ringtail, we are creating a unique team. We are extremely excited by what we are building and if what you’ve read so far has you feeling that way too, then we want to hear from you!
About the role
As a Senior Network Programmer, you will take on the challenge of designing and implementing a platform based on our own distributed game server technology. You will work both in a team and independently, and take ownership of design and implementation for key parts of the network layer on both the server and client. We strive for technical excellence and you will be required to venture outside of your comfort zone, learning and implementing new technologies. You need to be able to take initiative and find creative solutions to complex problems.
Your day-to-day as a Senior Network Programmer
- Working on our core network technologies
- Designing distributed, real-time, scalable systems as part of a team
- Implementing and maintaining features for our in-house game server platform
- Driving the architecture of our networking systems, protocols and services
- Supporting and mentoring other team members
- Being creative and vocal to improve the development team and process
- Experience implementing multiplayer option on a shipped title
- Up to date knowledge of higher level networking technologies and frameworks
- Knowledge of networking protocols
- Experience profiling and optimizing code
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Good to have
- Experience working on an MMO, twitch shooter or fighting game
- Experience in C#
- Experience in Unity
- Ability to take ownership of responsibilities
- Good interpersonal and team-work skills
- Open to feedback
- Collaborative and consensus-driven approach
About Ringtail Interactive
At Ringtail Interactive, we are consistently pushing the boundaries of what is possible for a small but fast-growing development team. We currently have three different departments working on a variety of projects; from a high-quality game platform for creators of all kinds, to a top-secret, cutting edge game development tool that we believe will change the industry forever, and more.
The company is made up of a diverse group of experienced professionals from all around the world united by a passion for games. As we continue to build the core of the team, we will be taking big next steps on defining the future development of our projects, and all of our employees will get the opportunity to have an impact on the products we show to the world.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.