Senior Network Programmer - Hybrid/Flexible
9 days ago
Are you an experienced and innovative Senior Online or Network programmer? Do you want to create tools and methods to improve online gameplay of AAA games?
We want you to #JOINTHEREBELLION!
For 30 years we’ve been creating incredible video games at our multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. We have our own film and mo-cap studio, we create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
We operate across multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool, and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important to us, and we want everyone at Rebellion to work in the way that works best for them. So, if you are based in the UK, we are always open to discussing how we can support remote and/or Hybrid working options.
We’re on the lookout for a Senior Network/Online Programmer to join our core engine technology team supporting multiple AAA titles currently in development.
You will focus on supporting online multiplayer features for PC and consoles, by writing and developing network code to push the boundaries and drive our industry-leading internal engine and tools suite even further.
This role would suit an experienced & innovative Network/Online Programmer proficient in writing code with the confidence to suggest new ideas, tools, and methods to improve the online gameplay of Rebellion's games on all platforms.
- Write and develop robust maintainable engine code
- Implement features across all current and next-gen platforms, including prototypes and new technologies- Identify and solve technical problems as they arise, including cross-platform issues, debugging, profiling and optimising for reduced memory usage and increased real-time performance
- Integrate APIs such as PlayStation network, XBOX Live and Steamworks
- Maintain and add to existing codebase, including low/mid-level systems to support pipelines and higher-level programmers- Respond to feature requests and bug reports from game development staff
- Research new tools, techniques and processes and how they can benefit Rebellion- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
- Good professional experience in a similar role
- Excellent C/C++ skills with the ability to write clear maintainable code
- Strong debugging, profiling, and optimising
- Ability to work with a large existing codebase, learn new systems/concepts and implement them quickly and efficiently
- Knowledge and interest in networking, online gaming, and use of third-party multiplayer APIs
We offer an extensive benefits package to our team including:
- 26 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing with service at 5 years – one day each year until you reach 31 days)
- Private Medical Insurance, healthcare cash plan, including dental and Vision
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Critical Illness Cover
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Interest Free, Tax-Free loans
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- EAP a range of Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Plus loads more… including a wide range of discounts, freebies, and social events!
Whichever team you join at Rebellion we are proud of our open, friendly, and creative atmosphere. We love what we do, and we have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, we have complete creative freedom over our titles which allows us to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.
Find out more about us here
Our size, stability, and the variety of in-house expertise across multiple industries, makes Rebellion completely unique! We work in our own way, and we celebrate that as the key to our success. We foster an inclusive culture where you are encouraged to be yourself, to express your creativity and your talent. We are people focused and will support you in every way to can be the best at what you do. We recognise the importance of enjoying what you do and having a healthy work-life balance. We offer a friendly, creative, and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and a wide variety of benefits and development opportunities for all our teams to ensure you are fully supported with your physical and Mental Well-being.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to add to our culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas, and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We encourage all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neurodiversity and beyond, because a representative team makes better products.
If you are interested in working at Rebellion, but this role doesn’t sound quite like you, we’re recruiting for a range of positions across the studio and we’re always happy to receive speculative applications via our website. Visit our Careers website to view all our live vacancies: Rebellion: Careers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.