This job might no longer be available.
Senior Network Developer
15 days ago
Are you an experienced network engineer who wants to be a part of the team developing the new transport standard for Unity developers? We are looking for a Senior Network Developer to help us improve the networking stack of the Unity editor users. In this role, you will be given the freedom to drive initiatives targeted at improving performances and security at scale for millions of users! Help us unlock the next generation of multiplayer game development!
What you’ll be doing
- Architect and implement features to improve the Unity Transport package, the in house low-level network interface for Multiplayer developers
- Build Unity Editor features aiming at improving encryption and security for all the Unity users
- Work closely with the security, FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) compliance as well as other Multiplayer development teams to address security issues and requirements
- Write, maintain, profile and optimize production-quality code
What we’re looking for
- Experience in either C, C++ or C#
- Solid experience with low level transport implementation (UDP, TCP) and their encrypted versions (DTLS, TLS)
- Experience with high-performance programming, multithreading, and memory management
- Ability to conceptualize, communicate, and deliver engineering initiatives
You might also have
- Experience with network debugging tools such as Wireshark
- Experience with Unity Editor
- Experience with some encryption protocols
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.